No announcement yet.

Gopro for bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wanna review video to check shot placements, DO NOT USE A BOW MOUNTED CAMERA!!

Comment

For GB just a simple tripod. Lil hand held (screwed to tripod) for the money shot. Go pro is a good secondary camera

Comment

Gopro's only work well if they are positioned close to the animal. I mean within 20 feet. The problem with the zoom on a Gopro is that it's digital zoom, which means you lose resolution. If you want to see some of my Gopro videos of bow shots, go to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwO..._as=subscriber

Comment

1. Do not mount your camera on your bow or your body... especially if you want to see shot placement.
          2. GoPro works great... use the linear mode to get a picture that doesn't look like a bubble and has more subject in the frame.
          3. I use the flexible clamp mount... it's great gear. It clamps confidently to just about anything, including your bow if you want that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunting1 View Post
            Use your phone....preferably in slow motion mode. I used to have several video cameras running at the same time but got tired of carrying all the equipment. Now I just use my phone on my camera arm using this bracket.
            https://www.studioneat.com/products/glif
            Probably the easiest and cheapest route if all your wanting is to review shot in the stand.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
              Prolly go the phone route I just want to verify shot placement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a refurbished Sony on Amazon for less than a $100

Comment

Since a GoPro is the only video camera I have I am giving it a try. I've mounted it on a tpost less than 10 yards from where I throw my hand corn. So far the animals have not cooperated but when they do it should give me some good impact footage.

Comment

The newer phones are a great idea and make great video whether in a mount or your hunting partner is filming for you .....but if you text or surf in your blind like I do, getting it set up/aimed/zoomed in in the heat of the moment and recording is another added step and movement. Especially if off a feeder where they aren't going to be there for awhile. It's doable on a feeder but for a big guy like me, it can be noisy and movement filled in a box.. Just something to think about in your decision.

One more thing, the phone camera lens is horrible at night with a hog light. Will not stay focused and hard to make sure you are on your animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      The newer phones are a great idea and make great video whether in a mount or your hunting partner is filming for you .....but if you text or surf in your blind like I do, getting it set up/aimed/zoomed in in the heat of the moment and recording is another added step and movement. Especially if off a feeder where they aren't going to be there for awhile. It's doable on a feeder but for a big guy like me, it can be noisy and movement filled in a box.. Just something to think about in your decision.

One more thing, the phone camera lens is horrible at night with a hog light. Will not stay focused and hard to make sure you are on your animal.
                      This is true might have to take the work phone also so we can still message back and forth every five minutes about deer movement.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                        This is true might have to take the work phone also so we can still message back and forth every five minutes about deer movement.
                        The phone bracket is very simple and quick. I use my phone all the time in the treestand and always have time to get it in the bracket and ready to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X