My son's 2018 buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son's 2018 buck

I have to do the proud dad thing and brag on my son a little bit. I've had this buck around pretty much all summer. My son liked him a lot and wanted to make it his target buck. I said no problem that we'd give it heck trying to get "his" buck for him. We couldn't hunt or even access our place in October for a bit due to flooding on our place (washed main road out and the lease roads). I was worried the buck would get killed or move on. Opening weekend of rifle season I went to hunt (my son couldn't go). I saw his buck every single set of course. Well my son and myself show up to the lease this last Saturday around lunchtime. I told him I'm off work all week and you're out of school all week so maybe we can get your buck at some point this week. We unpack and eat lunch. It's pushing 3 pm by this time so I said lets go hunt. We're on the stand a total of 5 minutes and here comes his buck. One shot with his 243 and the hunt is over. I'm sure proud of him and glad it all worked out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181117_160759.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	25164118

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181117_160805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	25164119

Awesome job! I think the rack is taller than the shooter is!

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

Congrats to little man.

The smile is screaming "I am hooked"

Rwc

Comment

He killed a big pig on Sunday morning. He's really been on a roll with the pigs. He enjoys killing pigs as much as deer.

Comment

Awesome....

Comment

Congrats to him on the nice deer!

Comment

Congrats on his buck Hope he likes to fish cause it’s going to be hard to better this one anytime soon

Comment

wow - very nice!
                  congrats!

Comment

He was telling me on the way back to the camp house (right after he killed the buck) where he wanted his shoulder mount to go on the wall at our house when it gets done. I was like heck no were making a cool set of rattling antlers out of that buck. He looked at me and said no really it's going in the living room to the left of where your buck is dad. I said we'll see. When I caped it out he was like I knew we were gonna mount it. I guess I had him sweating it a little bit anyways.

Comment

Congrats! Still shooting the gun I sold you?

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        Congrats! Still shooting the gun I sold you?
                        Yes sir. That's the gun he killed this buck with (also last years buck). He's killed a lot of pigs with it as well. His sister will hopefully be using the same gun starting Friday if the critters cooperate (she's killed a few deer with it already).

Comment

Working...
                        X