A call from Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A call from Social Security

I just got a call from the "Social Security" office telling me that my SSN has been placed on hold or something like that. It was a computer generated voice.

Its a scam, right?

Yes..........

Get them often..............

Comment

I figured. Thanks

Comment

The good news with your SSN being placed on hold is that you don't have to pay SS Tax. You need to contact your employer and let them know that you don't need to contribute any more....

Win for you!

J/K

Comment

100% scam.

Comment

All of em that are recorded are scams and I've gotten a few that are actual humans. At least they're making the effort I guess!

Comment

Yep. Scumbags

Comment

SS will never call from what I have been told. They will contact you through the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Warren View Post
                  SS will never call from what I have been told. They will contact you through the mail.
                  Just signed up and they called and asked if I needed assistance with food stamps. Guess the do call on occasion...........

Comment

Better call them back and give them your bank info to get it cleared up!

Comment

My SS was placed on hold a month ago by the same jack wagons. Life has been miserable since i hung up on them.

Comment

I get calls for "reduced credit card interest rates" because of my excellent payment history. I am sure they want me to give them my CC info so they can use it, or try to open another account.
                        I personally have not had this call, but my mother did. They claimed that she owes the IRS and wanted her to pay the bill or be arrested. Payment was to be made with a Western Union, or something.
                        Apparently some people fall for it, or they would give up trying to scam people.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          Just signed up and they called and asked if I needed assistance with food stamps. Guess the do call on occasion...........
                          Yep, when I signed up they asked me if I needed disability too. They’re just aching to spend someone else’s money !

All you young guys need a second job, ‘cause there’s more of us old farts signing up everyday, and we need the money !

Comment

Yeah my boss was a total jerk this morning and he's been in a bad mood all day. I'll have to tell him I'm not paying any SS tax later.

(Did I mention I work for myself and have no employees?????)

Comment

I received two of those automated calls last week claiming my SS has had fraudulent activity on it and I have an arrest warrant out on me....

Comment

Working...
                              X