What dove load do you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What dove load do you shoot?

Dove season is almost here. What load will you be shooting this year?

Ill be heading out to west texas this weekend for our trip

2 1/2” #8 reloads

Comment

whatever is laying around the bullet closet. If that's not enough I hauled 20 flats of fiocchi back from Kerrville 3 weeks ago

but I probably wont even hunt for a few weeks

Comment

7/8 oz. 28ga loads 1200fps

Comment

1 oz in the 20 ga
          1-1/8 in the 12 ga
          Always #7.5. I’m not too brand loyal. Remington, Rio, Federal, etc. doesn’t matter to me.

Seems like dove hunts are few and far between these days. I’m still working on the case I bought 2 years ago.

Comment

I've had plenty of success with the cheap stuff, so I use that.
            20 ga. Winny Super-X 2-3/4" 7-1/2
            No fancy high brass or purple plastic here.

Comment

12ga 1oz #7.5 1280fps

Comment

Rio 20 gauge, 1 ounce, 7.5s at mournings and whitewings. Eurasians as well if they show up while I'm hunting the others.

Sucks that Academy discontinued carrying them and all Rio loads. I am going to have to find another place to get them or go back to Remington ShurShots after a 5 year hiatus.. Lucky to have seen them clearance them off and buy 7 cases before they stopped. $6.49/box and bought them for $5.30

Last edited by Smart; 08-27-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Remington 12ga, 2 3/4'', 1 1/8oz, 7.5 heavy dove load as always. Modified choke.

Comment

12ga 1-1/8oz #7.5 monarch from academy. Never had a complaint about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Sucks that Academy discontinued carrying them and all Rio loads. I am going to have to find another place to get them
                      i called rio and was told they are not in production right now during their re-org, but should be back on academy shelves when they get back into production.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                        i called rio and was told they are not in production right now during their re-org, but should be back on academy shelves when they get back into production.

That is great news!! Thank you!

Comment

Winchester or Remy's in 11/16oz 3" .410 bore usually 7 1/2, but will use 9's too.
                          Shot out of a BPS .410 with full choke tube for pass shooting... over milo, sunflowers or other crops, modified choke...

Comment

1 1/8 oz 7.5s or 8s in 12ga
                            7/8 oz 7.5s or 8s in 28ga

Whichever of those are priced best at the time.

Comment

Either some 3/4 Oz #8 28 gauge loads or some 7/8 oz #8 20 gauge loads. Heck, I may take both. I haven't decided which barrels to take with me just yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X