Hunting cabin ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting cabin ideas

My wife is doing a lot more hunting this year and has decided we need a small cabin at our lease. So I need some ideas.....
    Going to keep it small and cheap. Nothing fancy but nice and cozy.
    Let’s see your small lease cabins!! Post em up !!

Pretty sure I’ll build it myself (I’m pretty handy) considering what portable buildings are going for.

Comment

Tough shed from Home Depot. There are several different models and sizes. They are relatively cheap but unfinished. They will come out and set it up, you can finish on your dime and your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dude, you’re in east Texas.... figure it out

Jk

Comment

I built a 16x20 Building with an 8’ porch (should have went 10’). Built on rail road ties about 3’ off the ground. Think I spent a little over $5K about 12yrs ago. Run it off a generator, with catch system for water for toilet and when I need to spray. Shower outside in summer, winter I usually decide I’m not that dirty.

Comment

Portable!!! Nothing fancy build it in a 16’ lowboy that way you can hook it up and go.

Comment

I would recommend a metal building as opposed to a wooden structure. Less maintenance and no rot. Also portable if you need to move it. Sometimes you can find a good deal on a repo on a shed lot.

Comment

Text me if you need some help man. I don’t mind drinking a beer and nailing some chit

Comment

I built this small hunting cabin on my land back in 2003. It's 16x32 and 2 story. It started as a simple "roof over my head" and went on to be a very nice camp house. Two bedrooms upstairs. Downstairs are the bathroom with shower/washer and dryer, full kitchen and living area. Has an 8ft covered porch. AC/heat along with satellite tv. My wife loves it.

The view of the sunset off the porch.

Comment

My 16x34 portable building at deer camp
                    Attached Files

Comment

I always thought about one of those Steel Cargo Containers...But never dd it

Comment

Statton, I may take you up on that when I get ready to start! I like what ever your bringing!!

Sendit, RMW,, those are very nice places. And that’s usually how my projects go. I start small trying to keep it cheap and end up spending a fortune! LOL
                        Last edited by Randy Madden; 10-20-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          My 16x34 portable building at deer camp
                          Roughing it..

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            I built this small hunting cabin on my land back in 2003. It's 16x32 and 2 story. It started as a simple "roof over my head" and went on to be a very nice camp house. Two bedrooms upstairs. Downstairs are the bathroom with shower/washer and dryer, full kitchen and living area. Has an 8ft covered porch. AC/heat along with satellite tv. My wife loves it.

The view of the sunset off the porch.

You continue to impress! Nice work

Comment

Dad had a small 10x20 metal building delivered out to the property in the late 70's and it was an exponential improvement over our tent camp. We insulated it, put indoor/outdoor carpet, bunk beds and a potbelly stove and we were living high on the hog. My grandad would lay a fire in the stove when we left so when we arrived late on the next cold Friday night all he would have to do would be to drop a match in and it would be toasty warm in about 10 minutes.

In 1994 the wife and I had the shell of this building built and then spent weekends wiring, insulating, paneling, plumbing it etc. Totally off grid run by a generator, elevated water storage, septic tank etc. Looks very similar to TxAg's bldg.

Last edited by Tbar; 10-20-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X