Lets talk coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk coyotes

I have seen more and more coyotes on my place in east Texas. 2/3 of the place is planted in pines, 1/3 is hardwoods. want to reduce the number, but can only get out there on the weekends, which makes using my duke traps difficult. evidently theyre running in daylight as well. any thoughts on calling/calls/ tactics for close quarters? i have one large pasture, and powerlines cut throughout the pines, but the close quarters has not been productive as of yet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EastTexasTiger; 06-17-2019, 09:53 AM.

Get down wind, and hunting in the day better be hidden. If the pasture isnt real far, I would call the pasture. They will come from great distance to find food.

Comment

I like snares for coyotes, they are pretty cheap and easy to use. You can use them where you are not going to catch other game animals with a little experience.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
        Get down wind, and hunting in the day better be hidden. If the pasture isnt real far, I would call the pasture. They will come from great distance to find food.
        do you use any specific of the remote calls? mouth calls have been hit or miss. Ive taken one out but she was real close

Comment

ttt

Comment

I have heard a lot of guys have had good success with the promos electronic call. I have been looking for a good call that had a tail attached that it waves.

Comment

Any e-caller will work, but calling coyotes in close cover is tough ! They almost always go downwind to come to the call and that usually spells disaster for the caller. I would try to set up on the highline r o w and get as far from the caller as the remote will let you. Mouth calls are pretty much out in close cover because they are coming to YOU....I know guys killed coyotes in cover before e-calls were popular, and one of them was me, but coyotes are more wary now than ever. Good luck !

Comment

Working...
              X