Never heard of this action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of this action

Deputy Scot Peterson has been arrested over his failure to do anything to stop the Parkland gunman during the February 14, 2018, attack.

Arrest a cop for doing nothing

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Imagine if we could do that to our elected officials!

Comment

Yea, didnt Barry Hussein pass some legislation that kept that kid in school ?

I also thought that the supreme court decided that LEOs dont have to protect you?

Comment

I also thought that the supreme court decided that LEOs dont have to protect you?[/QUOTE]

That is what I thought. I think it will get thrown out

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
          I also thought that the supreme court decided that LEOs dont have to protect you?
          That is what I thought. I think it will get thrown out[/QUOTE]

Look up the special relationship doctrine. I think that could easily apply to an SRO.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole no duty to protect thing geared toward civil liability anyways?

Either way, I'm betting that perjury charge at least sticks.

Comment

Yeah, if they can do that to him then they ought to be able to get the whole school board. If I remember correctly the voted not to have officers intervene with troubled kids so as not to have a record at such a young age.
            I don't think anything will come of it except to drag the officer through hell.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just listened to a mother of a victim say that she hopes he spends the rest of his life in jail because he is responsible for the deaths. Geez, hard to listen to. My thoughts go out to all folks involved but don't think the SRO is responsible to that degree at all.

Comment

Whether he's found to have acted unlawfully or not I don't know how he sleeps at night.

If that was me I'd be afraid the demons would've gotten to me already. Terrible deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                  Just listened to a mother of a victim say that she hopes he spends the rest of his life in jail because he is responsible for the deaths. Geez, hard to listen to. My thoughts go out to all folks involved but don't think the SRO is responsible to that degree at all.
                  I agree

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    He wasn't getting paid to do nothing, he was getting paid to keep the kids safe.

Comment

Dereliction of duty in the US military is punishable by death in combat situations in a declared war. Dereliction of duty in a civilian police force is a misdemeanor 2nd degree and may result in jail time, termination and loss of pay and retirement benefit depending on state.
                      Either way the PO is now and forever branded as a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        He wasn't getting paid to do nothing, he was getting paid to keep the kids safe.
                        I agree, just never hear of an arrest

Comment

Working...
                        X