6V or 12V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6V or 12V

I am debating on some new feeder motors, and want to know the actual difference in corn feeders of a 6v motor and a 12v motor. So far all I have read is that the 12v motor will throw the corn farther. Are there other advantages? Thanks in advance!

I prefer 12

Comment

We have four Triple C feeders that have been running for 10 years . Two are 6 volt and two are 12 volt. I honestly can't say I notice enough difference in performance to matter. One advantage of 12 volt is you can use an Eliminator plate - 6 volt shaft is too small.

Comment

12 no question

Comment

I prefer 12 volt. Batteries seem to last longer and they certainly do sling farther.

Comment

my 6 volt does not throw as far. otherwise no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              We have four Triple C feeders that have been running for 10 years . Two are 6 volt and two are 12 volt. I honestly can't say I notice enough difference in performance to matter. One advantage of 12 volt is you can use an Eliminator plate - 6 volt shaft is too small.
              This. I have both. I have two 6 volt feeders inside a feeder pen with 12 or 13 feeder panels. The 6 volt throws corn outside the pen.

Comment

12!

Comment

I have both and the only difference is the 12 throws farther and harder. They both has there good points and bad.

Comment

I'm using 6V for 2 yrs now and they work just fine. I can tell you that when it comes to replacing a motor, the cost of a 6V motor is pennies compared to a 12v motor. YMMV

Comment

12 no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                        I prefer 12 volt. Batteries seem to last longer and they certainly do sling farther.
                        X2

Comment

I had them both. The 6 volt helps keep corn in pen. helps keep feed from Hogs and Javis. Benefit for 12 volt makes more noise deer can here it farther and is Stronger can help from feeder getting clogged as easy from small items, dirty feed. Both work good and I have good luck with both.

Comment

Another vote for 12 volt, powers through corn stalks much better.

Comment

My vote is for 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X