Got my Property tax bill today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Property tax bill today

No way to fight it because I'd have to devalue my property way too far to make any difference. I guess the upside is when I sell it'll be a tidy profit but dang it's getting painful to pay!

"Danged if ya do, danged if ya don't"

The price you pay for being a land baron Art!!

Comment

Yep, at some point people are going to revolt and tell these county and school dist. To quit throwing money at everything expecting us to continue to take it the rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        The price you pay for being a land baron Art!!
        Thank goodness the GAP Ranch taxes are cheap. It's Mansfield that's out of control. They're going to force me to move eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          Thank goodness the GAP Ranch taxes are cheap. It's Mansfield that's out of control. They're going to force me to move eventually.
          Ahhh..understood. Same situation for us here in Forney. It's highway robbery what the CAD has appraised our house for. I would fight it too if we weren't about to be trying to sell ourselves in the next year or 2 to build on our land.

Regarding the land taxes, I was just denied my Ag exemption for hay production after Kaufman county changed the minimal qualifying acreage up to 15 acres. Subsequently, it looks like I will be placing bee hives on our place within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Ahhh..understood. Same situation for us here in Forney. It's highway robbery what the CAD has appraised our house for. I would fight it too if we weren't about to be trying to sell ourselves in the next year or 2 to build on our land.

Regarding the land taxes, I was just denied my Ag exemption for hay production after Kaufman county changed the minimal qualifying acreage up to 15 acres. Subsequently, it looks like I will be placing bee hives on our place within the next couple of weeks.
            Hey Joel, be sure and check out insurance cost if you put bees on your place and plan to live there... Liability insurance can be adversely effected by a bee Ag exemption...

Another thing you might consider is getting together with your neighbors and forming a Co-op for hay or even better, wildlife exemption... Just a little legal expense to set up the Co-op and you'd be good to go...

Comment

Property in Bexar was jacked over 18%.
              Comal over 17%.

Guys having a high appraised tax valuation does nothing towards helping your sales price in the future. Sales prices are dictated by market and comparable sales.

I encourage everyone to fight. Take your county to binding arbitration. The appraisal districts have gotten out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Hey Joel, be sure and check out insurance cost if you put bees on your place and plan to live there... Liability insurance can be adversely effected by a bee Ag exemption...

Another thing you might consider is getting together with your neighbors and forming a Co-op for hay or even better, wildlife exemption... Just a little legal expense to set up the Co-op and you'd be good to go...
                Hey Charlie, there are no houses on mine or surrounding acreage at this time. Also, I had already inquired about the Co-op with the neighbors and was denied. Kaufman CAD says individuals must own a minimum of 15 acres to qualify.

Comment

Hey Charlie, there are no houses on mine or surrounding acreage at this time. Also, I had already inquired about the Co-op with the neighbors and was denied. Kaufman CAD says individuals must own a minimum of 15 acres to qualify.
                  Man, that's jacked up about no Co-ops... They ain't too farm-friendly out that way it seems.

Comment

first year since I've been a homeowner mine actually went down! not much, but I was surprised. I think Harvey flooding so many houses has caused a pretty wide devaluation in houston even though we didn't flood.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Man, that's jacked up about no Co-ops... They ain't too farm-friendly out that way it seems.
                      15 acres is a farm now?
                      I guess 30 acres would make a ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                        Property in Bexar was jacked over 18%.
                        Comal over 17%.

Guys having a high appraised tax valuation does nothing towards helping your sales price in the future. Sales prices are dictated by market and comparable sales.

I encourage everyone to fight. Take your county to binding arbitration. The appraisal districts have gotten out of hand.
                        Correct, market determines sales price. Fight fight fight.

Comment

It's gotten totally out of hand so much waste total bs

Comment

Yeah it stings.

Gary

Comment

I got my today and was shocked. It was a .007% increase. Ummm I’ll take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X