Spirit Airlines???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirit Airlines???

Anyone fly with them before? Looking for some feedback. Im about to book a flight to San Diego and they are $300 cheaper than United. Help a brother out?

Cheaper but they nickel and dime after. Bare bones with one small bag it's not a bad deal though. Upgrading seats and bags are where they get ya.

Comment

You get what you pay for. I've flown with them a couple of times- seats don't recline and they charge an arm and a leg for carry-ons and checked bags, so read the fine print carefully. But if you only take one small bag, they do save some money.

Comment

Its a cheap ride to CA. you may be cramped for 3 hours, but it might be worth it to save $300.

I would clean toilets for $100/hour. Sitting in a small seat on a plane is cake at $100/hour. Take that extra $300 you save and buy a cool hunting doodad.

Comment

I have flown with them before. I just took a carry on duffle bag and the price was right. I did have a short layover coming home, but no big deal. I would use them again.

Comment

they over book ALL of the time. Flew them twice and both times they over booked, but i was lucky and didnt get on the bumped list.

Comment

I have flown them several times - I think they are great! They are no better or no worse than any other airlines now a days. If you have a carry on it must be within the specifications - if it is bigger you will pay a carryon bag fee. If you take a big suitcase you check it - you pay. If you want a drink or food - you pay (they let you bring on any food or drink items with you). You can also join the $9 club for way less baggage fees (if you fly them regularly). You can pay for a seat or just get the one assigned for no fee. I fly them whenever I can. United is way more costly and you will pay for bags there too. I used to fly United, now I fly Spirit, Alaska, Frontier....

Comment

No

Just no.

I don't take greyhound, nor spirit airlines for all the same reasons.

Comment

Flew to Vegas on Spirit Airlines once. Once. That was the roughest flight ever and the landing was scary bad (coming to DFW). But yeah, they were significantly cheaper than the next airline.

Comment

Took them to Vegas last year, carried on my small suitcase. ..it was fine.

Comment

Spirit is ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Took them to Vegas last year, carried on my small suitcase. ..it was fine.

Same here. Wife and I shared 1 suitcase but I think they actually charged for water on the plane.

Comment

Flown them a couple of time..... Never again! I'd rather pay the extra money to fly another airline with more room, more comfortable seats, less fees, less hassle, etc. I've also never had a Spirit flight leave or arrive on time.... like, not even close to on time. I'd rather walk.

J

Comment

cheap, but read up on all the fees they charge and plan ahead. We used them and did not have any issues. We also did not bring any luggage. We shipped our stuff via UPS which was a lot cheaper. Shipped all of our stuff back via UPS

Comment

For a quick flight and nothing other than your carry on bag, we'll worth it. My buddies fly to Vegas all the time on Sprit. Just get drunk and the plane ride isn't so terrible haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X