Carnival Cruise Cancelled our Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
    My parents spend about 200 nights at sea with RC and love them. They are on their final leg of a 90 day Med cruise now.
    HOLY SMOKES!

Comment

We traveled Norwegian last year to Alaska on the Bliss it was new. Everything about the boat was great, clean and nice. Rooms were excellent. My biggest complaint IMO about that trip was the food was not near as good as people had talked about. Now the paid dinners where great. Also the way that trip planned out you just dont get enough time in the big towns and you had to much time in the small ones. Best part was all the alcohol! We paid $299 for the all you can drink. It was great we drank our moneys worth the first night waiting to leave seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        HOLY SMOKES!
        Right! The keep asking us to go and I keep saying no way. Can't be locked into a ship with that many people. Funny enough though we are in Italy for 2 weeks and will miss them in a few cities by either a day or up to 3 days. They come in on Adriatic side and we are down on Med side. They will make their way down and around to Med side while we make our way up to Venice.

Comment

HOLY SMOKES!
          There is a guy named Mario Salcedo who lives on one 350 days a year and has been doing so for something like 15 years or more. Pretty cool but nothing I’d ever do.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
            Right! The keep asking us to go and I keep saying no way. Can't be locked into a ship with that many people. Funny enough though we are in Italy for 2 weeks and will miss them in a few cities by either a day or up to 3 days. They come in on Adriatic side and we are down on Med side. They will make their way down and around to Med side while we make our way up to Venice.
            Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              There is a guy named Mario Salcedo who lives on one 350 days a year and has been doing so for something like 15 years or more. Pretty cool but nothing I’d ever do.
              Yea i was going crazy after day 2-3 of our 7 day cruise. I got some good sleep in though. Best part is no travel time really. And by that i mean you go to sleep and the next day your in another town.

You would think that would get EXPENSIVE! There was someone on our cruise talking about an old lady that did the same thing. She said it figured out cheaper than a nursing home in her area wherever that was. She was and able person that required no real care. And she had hot meals everyday and they cleaned her rooms so hard to beat that.
              Last edited by dclifton; 06-21-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

We traveled Norwegian last year to Alaska on the Bliss it was new. Everything about the boat was great, clean and nice. Rooms were excellent. My biggest complaint IMO about that trip was the food was not near as good as people had talked about. Now the paid dinners where great. Also the way that trip planned out you just dont get enough time in the big towns and you had to much time in the small ones. Best part was all the alcohol! We paid $299 for the all you can drink. It was great we drank our moneys worth the first night waiting to leave seattle.
                Great. We got the alcohol package as well. **** straight I will try to get my money worth.

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                  Great. We got the alcohol package as well. **** straight I will try to get my money worth.
                  You think im crazy but how i know we did. In our room on the TV we could see our running balance on our card that you have to cover. Well while we where in port in seattle they have to charge almost %10 tax on all alcohol. Once you leave the port and out of US waters it doesnt matter. The first night we got back to our room and owed about $38 in tax. Me and the wife laughed and thought well at least we justified that.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames76 View Post
                    We are on the Aug 3 cruise and my wife's been nervous about ours getting cancelled.
                    us too,we have to meet up

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                      So we were booked to head out July for 7day cruise and apparently the Ship thruster is out on 1 engine. Carnival Vista. So now wife wants to try Norwegian Cruise line.
                      Anyone used them and if so how did you like their ship? Anyone have a good way to book and save money. We were driving to Galveston, now it looks like we are flying to Miami, FL. $$$ added to trip budget now. We are set on the specific week we chose due to kids school, work and other obligations.
                      Bummed, but trying to salvage the vaca.
                      Sounds like the and cruise a coworker had planned. They offered a bunch of incentives to keep the dates/ship and he took it. 8 day cruise with free alcohol vouchers. They also offered if cancelled they would give 50% off the next cruise. Doesn’t sound like just left people in the dark without some compensation.

Comment

Working...
                      X