Lake Conroe Fishing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Conroe Fishing Tips

I am renting a boat on lake Conroe this Saturday morning to take my family out. My son is about old enough to get introduced to fishing. I hope to put him on some catfish but I have never fished that lake.

I'm thinking drift fishing would be best so that we can take it easy and maybe bring in a few fish to get him excited about it.

Would anyone share a spot or two? We are renting/putting in at Nauti-Dayz off 105.
    Last edited by Txhuntr2; 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM.

LAKE CONROE'S FULL SERVICE FISHING CHARTER! Safe Harbor Walden Marina 12050 Melville Dr. Montgomery, Texas 77356

If you haven't rented that boat just yet get in touch with Brad. He's the best in the business for catfishing Lake Conroe. I bet y'all will have a day your son won't forget

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      https://bradleysguideservice.com/about

If you haven't rented that boat just yet get in touch with Brad. He's the best in the business for catfishing Lake Conroe. I bet y'all will have a day your son won't forget
      He’s a buddy of mine. If he’s not booked, he will put you on the fish. Catfish aren’t on the bulkheads like earlier in the year. What kind of boat did you rent? Does it have a trolling motor?

Comment

We just rented a pontoon boat to put around in for 3 hours. My son is only 3 1/2 so I’m not looking for a guided trip just yet. But I will keep it in mind in a few years. Really just looking for advice on a place we can put over to and drift fish for a couple of hours. I don’t even know where to start on that lake.

Comment

ya aI is nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Find some trees in 20 ft of water throw some range cubes out and you should be able to catch some.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Find some trees in 20 ft of water throw some range cubes out and you should be able to catch some.

you beat me to it.
              15 to 20 foot, throw about 5 or 6 double hand fulls of 20% cubes in 3 or 4 spots.
              Go back to where you started, catch fish. When the bite slows on the first one move to the second and repeat.

Have fun with it

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

This. You can flat hammer them if there is a decent graph on the boat you rented. Find a hump or creek channel in the main lake around 25ft deep. They will be there. Im not real familiar with the south end of the lake. Mainly fish mid to north end. If your not out early like right at sun up, you will have problems fishing the main lake. The ski boats and jet skis will flat run you off. The farther south you go the worse they are.

Comment

Hes 3. Get two tubs of worms and head to the power lines first then 1097 when the heat gets bad. 1/8 split shot and free line a worm down the pilings.

Bream may be up shallow early and caught under a cork

Most importantly watch for jet fleas and idiots who have no idea what a boat is capable of

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Hes 3. Get two tubs of worms and head to the power lines first then 1097 when the heat gets bad. 1/8 split shot and free line a worm down the pilings.

Bream may be up shallow early and caught under a cork

Most importantly watch for jet fleas and idiots who have no idea what a boat is capable of

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    I've been catching brim on crappie jigs right after daylight around boat docks, especially those with brush piles around em.

Comment

Good luck, hope yall get into them. We are going tomorrow morning for the first time this year. Will be looking for perch and crappie. Havent really fished for crappie in years so if it doesnt go well I will be looking for catfish too

Comment

Well, looks like I need to hire a guide! Me and my youngest went this morning and tried under the 1097 bridge and struck out there. Found a brushpile on a point and caught 2 crappie and lost one good one. Let us know how it goes tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Well, looks like I need to hire a guide! Me and my youngest went this morning and tried under the 1097 bridge and struck out there. Found a brushpile on a point and caught 2 crappie and lost one good one. Let us know how it goes tomorrow
                          We had a good day out there. As for the fishing, we only got one gasper goo. But that’s ok bc I think my son really enjoyed it and wants to fish again. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X