Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
    What color pattern is that?
    Carbon Desert Night

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      That should be mine! Unless someone ordered the exact same gun. Hopefully picking it up from FFL today or tomorrow!

I ordered a 7mm-08 with a very similar color scheme/ 20” barrel. Glad to see the pic and get a better idea what to expect! Patiently waiting for the call...

Comment

If it was only in 6.5 PRC I could say it might be mine. Now waiting is becoming even more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          The 6.5 posted on Instagram this morning is dirtyyyyyyyy
          I was really hoping you were talking about 6.5 PRC. Hopefully the PRC's will start rolling out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTApache View Post
            I ordered a 7mm-08 with a very similar color scheme/ 20” barrel. Glad to see the pic and get a better idea what to expect! Patiently waiting for the call...
            APR built me a 7-08 last year for my son with a 20" barrel that I put a can on. I loved it so much that I had to jump on this build, but wanted a different caliber. Otherwise I would have gone with the same that you ordered.

Comment

That should be mine! Unless someone ordered the exact same gun. Hopefully picking it up from FFL today or tomorrow!

Wow that looks good! I think that looks better than the other examples of carbon desert knight that they had posted when the orders opened up. Kinda wish I went with that now [emoji28]

Comment

The 20" 7mm-08 I ordered has a very similar color scheme. I am, not-so-patiently, waiting for the call.

Comment

I thought they couldn’t cerakote that action? When I order mine they said it had to stay black

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post

I thought they couldn’t cerakote that action? When I order mine they said it had to stay black
                    My understanding was the bolt was all that had to remain black.

Comment

My understanding was the bolt was all that had to remain black.
                      Wonder if I can call and change it

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post

If I remember correctly they told me the same thing but I'm kinda thinking they came back and said for an additional charge they would do the action but it came standard with a better finish they would have to remove. I left mine with the more durable standard black finish. I keep waiting for that ft worth number to pop up on my phone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          If I remember correctly they told me the same thing but I'm kinda thinking they came back and said for an additional charge they would do the action but it came standard with a better finish they would have to remove. I left mine with the more durable standard black finish. I keep waiting for that ft worth number to pop up on my phone as well.
                          The way I understand it is the G2 action used in the Tier 2 builds is DLC finished, which is a superior finish to the Ceracoat. The Tier 1 builds are built with the Hunter action, which has a DLC finish on the bolt, but not on the action so the Hunter action can be Ceracoated.
                          Last edited by Phillip Fields; 06-05-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            The way I understand it is the G2 action used in the Tier 2 builds is DLC finished, which is a superior finish to the Ceracoat. The Tier 1 builds are built with the Hunter action, which has a DLC finish on the bolt, but not on the action so the Hunter action can be Ceracoated.
                            This is my understanding as well.
                            Last edited by Txhuntr2; 06-05-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                              That is probably the case, mine is a tier 2

Comment

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Awesome! I think I did order dang near the same one... no call yet yet though...

Edit: just found the FB post (no insta) and it is almost exact, just my ceracoat was a bronze. Hopefully that means mine will be close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by DocHolliday; 06-05-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X