Got my Property tax bill today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
    The reason I said that it's pointless to protest is because the market value has increased so much.
    I had a realtor friend run comps and give me a good market value estimate.

Is it a bubble... idk but, I've literally had realtors knock on my door and offer nearly double what I paid for the house. I'd move tomorrow but it'll be several more years before the wife will retire and then we can leave the city for good.
    Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
    So you hired a firm to represent you? If you don’t mind me asking pm me what that’s going to run you. I got hosed yesterday. It was total BS
    The only way to really protest is to stop them from raising the tax%

This is where they get people. slightly lower what your property is worth a couple years in a row while complaining the school is losing too much money...so idiots accept a raise in the tax rate.

Then they play good guy by not raising the tax rate but they raise your property value.

The tax rate IMO needs to be a set rate across the State and can't change. If the economy is bad we all can suffer together. Not just us suffer and they raise the tax rate (which NEVER goes down)

But we all know they will never actually try to live within a budget like the rest of the world.

Comment

Working...
    X