Ready for frio..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    You will love park view.. its the other side of river overlooking rock beach in gsp..
    There is no sand at rock beach...it is exactly what its name says it is
    Parkview is the best. I have been going there for 10 years.

Comment

but does it hold beer? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
        You did a good job on the speaker. I like it and have one that is similar....but I no longer use it. There are so many inexpensive waterproof blue tooth speakers on the market (for less than what you prob spent to build that one) that you can strap to your ice chest full of beer (instead of your ice chest being full of electronics).

Same here. Built one a few years ago but now i just strap my JBL waterproof speaker to the top of my cooler!

Yea we see them.
        Cant hear them but we see them.

haha I hear you. The new one is not nearly as loud but then again the Frio is more of a family friendly river not a frat house. Keep that stuff over on the Guadalupe. That being said as long as your playing good old country and not some crap rap bring it on and I'll gladly turn mine off till you float on past.

Comment

So I have built one in the past with a water proof receiver and the flip over covering and used it, to push the speakers rather than having an amp. I have also built a smaller one for my four wheeler that only had an amp using an aux cord to a phone. How does the marine remote work without having a receiver?

Comment

Disregard, looked on Crutchfield and found receivers that are round as you have on the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
              So I have built one in the past with a water proof receiver and the flip over covering and used it, to push the speakers rather than having an amp. I have also built a smaller one for my four wheeler that only had an amp using an aux cord to a phone. How does the marine remote work without having a receiver?

I built mine with an amp and this which can stay inside the cooler allowing me to bluetooth from my phone to it.

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                but does it hold beer? ;-)
                Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                Same here. Built one a few years ago but now i just strap my JBL waterproof speaker to the top of my cooler!

haha I hear you. The new one is not nearly as loud but then again the Frio is more of a family friendly river not a frat house. Keep that stuff over on the Guadalupe. That being said as long as your playing good old country and not some crap rap bring it on and I'll gladly turn mine off till you float on past.
                They've (all our coolers) been built to drown those others out)....playlist us vast ..but mostly texas country, old country, and old rock...with some new stuff thrown in for kids.
                Aggie war hymn is a crowd pleaser.

We get a good the crowd migrating around us because of it... meet lotsa great folks.

I dont like to float....did my share of it as a kid..almost ended up in mexico once...and hate walkin dragging tubes and kids in low spots...
                i like to sit and people watch and enjoy my cerveza...and watch my kids on the rope and tree...therefore ..we sit posted up with about 12 families most days....
                As far as the beer... different tools for different jobs
                We have seperate tubes for the yetis and rtics..

Comment

This head unit is bluetooth...all our playlists are ran off amazon prime..so far its worked up to 25' without issue..
                  I could actially do no head unti as the amp has bluetooth too... but i like the adjustability of the head unit...and its range was about 10'.

Comment

They've (all our coolers) been built to drown those others out)....playlist us vast ..but mostly texas country, old country, and old rock...with some new stuff thrown in for kids.

We get a good the crowd migrating around us because of it... meet lotsa great folks.

I dont like to float....did my share of it as a kid..almost ended up in mexico once...and hate walkin dragging tubes and kids in low spots...
                    i like to sit and people watch and enjoy my cerveza...and watch my kids on the rope and tree...therefore ..we sit posted up with about 12 families most days....

Sounds like my kinda play list as well!

Comment

The song that gets everyone within ear shot singing along?

Dont stop believin by journey.

I **** you not.

Not even my song..its on there for the wives.. but anyone within ear shot starts singing that **** song when it shuffles too it.. funniest thing ever.

Comment

I'm fairly certain I have drank beer while listening to your music.

The aggie war hymn gave it away

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I'm fairly certain I have drank beer while listening to your music.

The aggie war hymn gave it away

I think from other frio threads that weve defintely occupied the same water at one point or another...

Comment

I think from other frio threads that weve defintely occupied the same water at one point or another...
                            I think so

We're skipping frio to hit the white this year. Giving up floating for drifting and rainbows

Comment

So..we did a thing...

Comment

Have a fun and safe weekend enjoying the awesome water!! I never missed a holiday weekend at Neal's, in the big cabin at the swimming hole!! Haven't been in a long time and really miss it. Safe travels and nice rig!!

Comment

Working...
                                X