Interview with victim of Wyoming bear attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
    Both of them had bear spray. Why didn't he use that? Does this guy not only not know how to use a gun he can't use bear spray? He shot the elk with something he must know how to use some weapon. He had the pistol. He could have at LEAST retreated with the pistol and figured it out and came back. He could have hit the bear with a rock, he could have waited away, but within sight and tried to help his buddy once the attack was over. He could have went back after calling for help.

The 'code' is do something that can prevent me from dying if by doing so you don't condemn yourself 100% to dying yourself. This guy did nothing. No spray, no handing of the gun, no returning to help, nothing.

I think we are at loggerheads because I don't see how you don't expect him to do literally ANYTHING.
    Yep code is “ we go up town together- we go down town together “
    Nothing worse then having everyone bail on you when in a tight spot
    Been there had that happen
    I doubt the guide would have bailed on the hunter

We had a guy get stomped by a BA hog one time at the ranch . I don’t recall any hesitation from me or the other guy with me to get the hog off the poor guy
    Common since is defuse the situation ASAP then move forward
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-08-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      You are so full of it. Nice cop out on "if there is a chance the man could live and I could play a part in that". I bet you watch the movie Jaws ****** off they didn't cast you. So you are jumping in the bloody shark waters? I mean I would do it for my family but not a stranger. I would do many things to save someones life but jumping out of a boat into bloody shark infested waters is not one of them.
      Let's use some logic here. If the man is already bit in half or otherwise very noticeably mortally wounded, no I'm not going in. It's not a "cop out," it's using your head. But yes, I wouldn't think twice about going in.

Let's just conclude we're two different people with two different mentalities when it comes to another's life.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        Let's use some logic here. If the man is already bit in half or otherwise very noticeably mortally wounded, no I'm not going in. It's not a "cop out," it's using your head. But yes, I wouldn't think twice about going in.

Let's just conclude we're two different people with two different mentalities when it comes to another's life.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Yes. I tend to be a realist. I would do anything withint my means but at the point I know there is a better chance of dying than living I tend to think twice. If we are in war together then that is something totally different. Back to the subject at hand. I would not have gone up that mountain without some sort of pistol or rifle. I/we would have had a plan.

Comment

All I know is, that bear is lucky I wasn't there. [emoji123][emoji109][emoji95]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just stating the obvious; Once the hunter ran away there is no chance he was coming back. It's sad that a man's life was lost but in some circumstances we as humans are not the top predators. Is those situations, we must be prepared/armed. Sometimes even being prepared/armed won't be enough. It's a choice we all need to think about for the sakes of our families.

Prayers up for the family of the guide.

Comment

Shark wrastlers

Comment

What a horrible and sad ordeal. While I can’t judge the hunter for “flight” mode, I will point out that the guide would’ve most likely had higher odds of survival had the hunter not handled the guides pistol. I’ve never been in a situation where a bear was attacking me, but i was attacked by a pit bull dog when I was 12yrs old and thought I would die back then. Granted my brain wasn’t fully developed in decision making I couldn’t do much thinking for myself besides screaming. I think the only reason I didn’t die was because of the quick actions of a man that came to my rescue. He had the thumb muscle area of his palm ripped open by said dog and never released the dog. I know dog and bear huge difference. I wonder if the glock 10mm was a gen4. I had to completely grind the mag release button down because the mag would fall out when I carried it often. In a life or death situation you never really know what a person will do. But I can reassure myself that if I was ever in the situation this man was in I’d want for someone to help me instead of running away as I would do for them. I’m sure this hunter carries a heavy conscience for running away but in his mind he may of done everything he was capable of in the situation. The man was alive and walking even after the attack. No telling how long the attack took place could’ve been 30min of mauling.

Comment

I bet if injured uptain made it to the top of the mountain chubons injuries would be worse! I read on here that chubon plans to return to Wyoming next year, hopefully not! His initial bad shot played a big role. Surprised he just left him I've seen bear attacks on YouTube where people are throwing rocks and stopped a polar bear attack.

Comment

Working...
                  X