Low powered scope for lever gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low powered scope for lever gun?

I don’t like the idea of putting a scope on a lever gun but I have to face the reality of my aging eyeballs. I bought a Henry 30 30 and iron sights just don’t work for me anymore. I will be likely taking shots at 100 yards or less so I want to go with a low power scope. I’m thinking a 1x3 or something similar. I want something I can just throw up and shoot. What are your recommendations?

Leupold vx-3i 1.5-5x20 is as good as it gets

Comment

Sounds like a Red dot might be a good way to go for you. Just thinkin out loud here. As far as target acquisition and field of view, they are tough to beat.

Comment

Had friend that had similar problem Leopold 1x 4 With Pig Plex reticle really large crosshair almost posts...he loved it check it out I think you will like it was lower 200s last time I checked
        I had one several years myself

Last edited by cva34; 04-06-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]952630[/ATTACH]

Comment

Palmetto state armory had Sig Romeo 5 for $119. I love mine so much I’m fixin to get a second one for my 30-30

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              Yup. Got the 1X5 and 1X6..............

Comment

I'm one of those guys who always likes the opportunity to use a little more magnification. To me, it sure helps me with shot placement. I don't own anything that is less than 3-9x. My scopes are always set at 4x and I have never felt the need to go lower on magnification. Shot a doe very close this year @ 4x and never gave a thought to too much magnification. If there is time to crank it to 9x, I always do.

So for me, the idea of a 1-3x or 1-5x - well I don't understand why. Plus 3-9x & 2-7x scopes are so plentiful, you'll probably spend more to get less magnification.

If you really want small, there are lots of nice 2-7x32s out there.

Comment

When I started my kids hunting I knew it would be 100yd or less shots and I wanted something low power with a big field of view. I ended up going with a 2x red dot scope and it worked great. I think it would work well for what your wanting also.

Comment

Have you tried ghost ring sights? I have a set on my marlin 336 and it helps tremendously. Just couldn’t put a scope on a lever gun. One my slug guns I have a 2x7 on one and a 1x4 on the other. Never needed more magnification if I want to examine something really well I use my binos. I can shoot to 150 yards accurately with both slug guns and constantly shoot 2 to 2 1/2 groups with the marlin off a good rest at 75 yards and the ghost rings

Comment

I have Leupold 6x fixed on my lever gun and it’s been superb

Comment

I go along with this....

Comment

[ATTACH]952630[/ATTACH]
                          My buddy just ordered this one last night. Best price I've found

Comment

This will work.
                            Leupold discontinued my favorite, VX-3 1.75-6x32 with a Heavy duplex.

Comment

On my Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun I have the Leupold VX.R 2-7 with the Firedot Ballistic Reticle. I really like the scope and magnification range.

Comment

Working...
                              X