Looking for .22 LR pistol and rifle recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Actually shorter barrel equals louder given the same velocity. What a shorter barrel does do is help keep velocity below the subsonic threshold. If you’re speaking rifle length barrels you’re already too long anyways in a 22. Either the ammo is subsonic produced, and it should remain subsonic even in longer barrels or it’s higher velocity/bulk pack and it’ll go supersonic within 4-8” of barrel anyways depending on the load.

That said this isn’t an absolute, as all ammo is different. Some may go supersonic from 16-20”, but I haven’t found it if there is any. Also some barrels will be faster even though they’re the same length, and vice versa. This is just a general rule that works the vast majority of the time.

Yeah that. Unsupressed a shorter barrel is always louder. I have 6 22’s that are threaded and run the sparrow and axiom on them. The sparrow and axiom both are consistently more quiet on the shorter barrel rifles and even more quiet on my pistol. Im sure where saying the same thing just differently...Hasn’t been a single one under 18” that is louder then a 20”-22” with same suppressor on the end shooting subsonic ammo. I can also shoot cci Mini-Mag out of my pistol and sounds about as quiet as a subsonic out of my 22” threaded 10-22.

Comment

What are everyone’s thoughts on the CZ 457 ProVarmint? Threaded and ready for a can with a 16 inch barrel.

With a tactically-inspired stock and a short 16.5" barrel threaded 1/2x28, the ProVarmint makes for one accurate suppressor host.

Comment

Why not go with a Ruger Charger and put a pistol brace on it? With a 10” barrel and a cheap Simmons 22 Mag scope mine shoots 4” groups at 100 yards. With a better scope the grouping would be smaller. With Mini Mags only occasionally will one give off a crack, and that is without a can.

Comment

Every rimfire CZ rifle I’ve shot has been awesome. Everyone has been super accurate with a variety of ammo used.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
            Why not go with a Ruger Charger and put a pistol brace on it? With a 10” barrel and a cheap Simmons 22 Mag scope mine shoots 4” groups at 100 yards. With a better scope the grouping would be smaller. With Mini Mags only occasionally will one give off a crack, and that is without a can.
            10” will let bulk pack stay supersonic. Shoot a bolt action with a can and a 16” barrel and you’ll see a major difference.

That 457 looks nice. The new tikka is pretty cool too!!

Comment

I like the Smith and Wesson compact 22lr suppressor ready , lightweight , and feels good in the hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                I like the Smith and Wesson compact 22lr suppressor ready , lightweight , and feels good in the hand.

Thats what I have and have no complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Aac element 2 with the s&w compact .
                  Attached Files

Comment

My little Walther is crazy quiet with my Spectre II and YHM Stinger cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walther PPQ .22 or Ruger 22/45. Both threaded for suppressor.

Comment

I think I'm leaning towards the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite for the pistol.

I've decided to go bolt action over semi auto for the rifle based on all the recommendations. I'm liking the CZ457 Pro Varmint but finding one in stock may be a problem.

Lots of great recommendations on this thread. Thanks everyone

Comment

I ended up with the CZ 457 and Ruger Mark IV Tactical. Both guns are really fun to shoot. The CZ may be my new favorite gun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	24580890

Click image for larger version

Name:	ruger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	24580891

Comment

Nothing more fun than an accurate and quiet little 22. Those CZs are great rifles!

Comment

both great choices. I'm still trying to figure out what bolt gun I want. I typically run my 10/22 with my mask.

Comment

Congrats! Looking hard at that Ruger myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X