Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$42.6M in cuts at Ft. Hood to fund border wall

How 'bout them apples?
    It's only part of $265.1M in military spending across Texas made available for the wall.
    Trump said Mexico was going to pay for it.
    link

I gladly contributed to private funding for the wall.... a small increase now will pay for itself in less than a year if it stopped a 1/3 of illegals that come in yearly.

Comment

The wall ain’t going to work, might slow them down a few secs but they’ll climb it, dig under it or sawzall it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just my 2 cents on the wall. The wall is needed. It is not the total answer to the problem, but it is part of the solution. We need to control the border( who enters ) and the wall will assist. Our country is being invaded by undesirables and that needs to stop. The US already has enough home grown criminals to deal with, we do not need to import any more. I have seen first hand what enters illegally into this country and trust me, it’s not for the betterment of the people of the US. Oh and by the way, I was a Border Patrol Agent for 28 years.

Comment

I’ll take cuts in all areas to get the wall built in the areas it’s needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            I gladly contributed to private funding for the wall.... a small increase now will pay for itself in less than a year if it stopped a 1/3 of illegals that come in yearly.
            Until we see construction start costing more, and production slow down. But yes.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              How 'bout them apples?
              It's only part of $265.1M in military spending across Texas made available for the wall.
              Trump said Mexico was going to pay for it.
              link
              Yeah- and 90mil from JBSA. I fully approve. We can delay some military construction projects and work toward securing the border. The cost of illegal immigration to taxpayers is astounding, not to mention all the humanitarian issues associated with the human smuggling aspect. I just can't understand why so many people in this country continue to encourage it.

Comment

Could just defund plannned parenthood and really make a dent

Comment

I’m for it, military blows money left and right on stupid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                    I’m for it, military blows money left and right on stupid stuff.
                    Yup. Just a few years ago Fort Hood has some massive new football stadium built for some reason. Meanwhile... we had A hard enough time getting dookie paper.

Comment

I have a neighbor that works for DOD. He has 4 brand spanking new cat skytracks a d8 cat dozer and a like brand new cat 390 excavator all sitting on his land. I asked if he purchased all those and he said “hell no I didn’t buy those, that’s one of the benefits of working for the government” �� they’ve been sitting on his land for about 7months. He said they’re on their way south after he gets done using them on his property.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                        I have a neighbor that works for DOD. He has 4 brand spanking new cat skytracks a d8 cat dozer and a like brand new cat 390 excavator all sitting on his land. I asked if he purchased all those and he said “hell no I didn’t buy those, that’s one of the benefits of working for the government” �� they’ve been sitting on his land for about 7months. He said they’re on their way south after he gets done using them on his property.

Sounds legal [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Sounds legal [emoji1303]

Sounds like government to me.

Comment

For vehicle maintenance and supply chain? I’ll gladly accept that trade off. We need a strong military, but our border as it stands is a much larger security threat than any foreign military.

Comment

Looks like a pile of $$$$ but actually a drop in the bucket when you look in the vault...aim your frustrations at the former speaker& current dems who could have funded easily the last 2 years. More so all lawmakers & presidents who didn’t address illegal immigration for what, the last two decades. We shouldn’t be here but we are and doubt it would even be addressed if not for trump & it’s only being resisted because?? He’s not the swamp...shame on both parties!! The wall & catch/release of otm’s is our only chance but both need to happen ASAP or this country is in for the biggest civil confrontation in our lifetime. This is a crisis!! Big announcement today here in the rgv that HUGE numbers are to be released to ease overcrowding & that involves busses getting them out of here so they are no longer our problems. Y’all can have them as we are bussing their asses out of the valley.

The hood will be fine & the $$$$ being made on the re-negotiations of nafta will bring in more jack than used for the crisis act. Also suspect the chapo act Cruz is pushing will come to pass. Best to get behind the push & prioritize the importance needed by bp ...the future of our union needs this coin way more than Short term mil construction projects that can be delayed a bit. Focus!!

Comment

Working...
                              X