Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
    I will be using the Mk5HD 5-25x56 on my build. I handled the scope at Collectors Firearms the other day and it’s super light. It’s gotten good reviews as far as I’ve found. I may buy a second for my 300wm as well. Also, Leupold gives a deal to military/vets/LEO if you qualify. I was torn between it and the Vortex Razor AMG but the leupold wins out due by being a better value on a great scope.
    Lightweight? It weighs the same as a Nightforce NXS.

The Mark 5 3.6x18 is lightweight-ish but that 5x25 is 32oz

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Lightweight? It weighs the same as a Nightforce NXS.

The Mark 5 3.6x18 is lightweight-ish but that 5x25 is 32oz
      Lightweight compared to comparably equiped scopes: ATACR, Rzr GII, etc. it’s not an ultralight for sure! But neither is the Tier 1 build.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        I have one from last year and can give CBTO for the 143. If you send me a 140 I can measure it. I also have some 147s and would bet the ogive would be the same as the 140.

In reality every chamber is likely a little different plus he's likely burned up a few reamers since mine was built.

If you're wanting to load some ammo ahead of getting the rifle, just load them long and bump them to the final deminsion once you receive the rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

did you ever get a chance to check this

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
          How often do you use the illumination feature hunting? I’ve considered whether it’s worth the added cost. I always tell myself I wouldn’t use it much and batteries would keep going out. Etc.

Regular hunting out of a box blind most people don’t need anything more than a Nikon for legal shooting light. I have a $250 setup rifle and glass included that I could have killed 100% of my trophy animals with but I would t have looked as cool on Instagram with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Black Ice; 02-23-2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Regular hunting out of a box blind most people don’t need anything more than a Nikon for legal shooting light. I have a $250 setup rifle and glass included that I could have killed 100% of my trophy animals with but I would t have looked as cool on Instagram with it.

Bologna!! Everyone knows you have to spend 2x the amount of the rifle on the scope just to be able to see what you’re shooting at...a “sniper” friend told me that.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
              Bologna!! Everyone knows you have to spend 2x the amount of the rifle on the scope just to be able to see what you’re shooting at...a “sniper” friend told me that.

Most of the crap people buy that are on this website is not needed but they probably have the money to buy it and it’s fun to have it, that’s why we work for a living.

Number one example is a boat. Who in their right mind needs a boat besides a professional commercial fisherman?

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-23-2019, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                Most of the crap people buy that are on this website is not needed but they probably have the money to buy it and it’s fun to have it, that’s why we work for a living.

Number one example is a boat. Who in their right mind needs a boat besides a professional commercial fisherman?

Me

Comment

Originally posted by raiderholic View Post
                  did you ever get a chance to check this
                  Sorry man, it slipped my mind. PM sent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it done yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      Is it done yet?
                      LOL'd on this one

Comment

Well, I am getting closer to having everything for this rifle. All I am lacking is rings (and the rifle!), but I may wait until delivery, so that I can measure which rings give me the best fit.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Txsurveyor2014; 02-28-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Lookin good, I saw Brownell's had free shipping on everything, no limit, crazy cheap on Hornady match ammo. No Brainer

I'm waiting for brass, watching all sites, have some back ordered, I have 100 cases ready to load

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            Im doing the tier 2 and was told to get the Talleys that are made for the Stiller tactical with recoil pin.

LIGHTWEIGHT ALLOY SCOPE MOUNTS The one-piece construction of the Talley Lightweight Alloy Scope Mount is unique. The rigid design has no joint between the scope and the rifle. The Talley Lightweight unitized design eliminates the possibility of an "out of alignment" interface or "loose connection" between the ring and base of traditional two-piece designs. Ultimately this provides more strength and durability than rival steel rings and bases but doing it with a lighter overall weight. By extruding the 7000 series alloy known for its durability and then precision CNC machining the mount to its final design we can provide you with the strongest, lightest mount system on the market.

I'm going with the Leupold VX6HD 3-18x50 and ordered the medium's
                            I’m assuming these rings won’t fit the tier 1? I happen to have some also but not sure if their hunter action has recoil lug ring hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                              Lookin good, I saw Brownell's had free shipping on everything, no limit, crazy cheap on Hornady match ammo. No Brainer

I'm waiting for brass, watching all sites, have some back ordered, I have 100 cases ready to load

You were doing 22 creedmoor too right? If so which brass and dies did you go with? Might have already been covered but I forgot [emoji28]

Comment

I bought dies from Accurate Arms.com, They sell the Redding custom. They will probably be out but you can order. Great folks to deal with.
                                Brass, I have Hornady Back-ordered at Midway but I bought some Alpha Small primer from Aplha Muntions, they are out too but should have some this Month.

I'll holler back when they have some, I check every day

Comment

Working...
                                X