Staccato. Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staccato. Worth it?

For you staccato owners - are they worth the price tag?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

i have an STI , before they changed the name ... and i'd say it's worth what you're willing to pay for a well built 2011.

let's put it this way , i let a friend shoot mine after i showed it to him and told him what they cost ... he's a blue collar oil field worker who works hard for his money...

he was like , there's no way in hell i'd ever pay this for a handgun...

then i handed him a mag and told him to go clear the plate rack ....

a few seconds later , he turned around and said .. ok now i get it ... time to start saving $$ ... i want one of these...

so, it's kinda subjective what people deem "worth it" ... and you probably won't understand until you own one..

Comment

Very much so, if you're willing to spend the money. They are a completely different company from when they were STI. They seem to be focused on QC, customer service and building a completely reliable 2011. The weak link to the STI's were the magazines that needed constant tuning. Staccato fixed that issue.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I own several STI competition pistols and have fired a few Staccatos. I would take a look at the Masterpiece Arms DS9 before you settle on a Staccato. MPA will give you a much better pistol for your money.

Comment

I have & STI’s and never knew I should be having magazine problems. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a Staccato.

Comment

Appreciate the responses!

Comment

For me it depends on what you're using it for. I've shot several, and they for sure are nice. Very smooth shooting. But I have not felt the need to upgrade from my Glocks.

Comment

Might as well go all in and get an SVI Infinity. Brandon builds them right!

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                  For me it depends on what you're using it for. I've shot several, and they for sure are nice. Very smooth shooting. But I have not felt the need to upgrade from my Glocks.
                  Depending on reliability and functionality, I'd wear it as a duty pistol.
                  Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  Might as well go all in and get an SVI Infinity. Brandon builds them right!
                  Bruh.. ain't no way.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    Depending on reliability and functionality, I'd wear it as a duty pistol.Bruh.. ain't no way.

I totally get that. If you wear one daily on duty might as well have one you are comfortable and accurate with.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      Depending on reliability and functionality, I'd wear it as a duty pistol.Bruh.. ain't no way.

Why no SV?

Comment

Well worth it- ordering mine this month. Went to a LE class sponsored by them and then another day long demo.

Have shot every model except the brand new CS. Shot them with and without optics and nearly every pistol optic available. Very impressive—

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                          Very much so, if you're willing to spend the money. They are a completely different company from when they were STI. They seem to be focused on QC, customer service and building a completely reliable 2011. The weak link to the STI's were the magazines that needed constant tuning. Staccato fixed that issue.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
                          wow .. ok! STI had issues with gen 1 followers and fixed that before they became staccato
                          I've never had a single malfunction in my STI ... not ONE with STI gen2 followers !

but please do tell ... what is the difference between a gen 2 sti and a gen 2 staccato mag , i'd love to know what they fixed and makes them different..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

but please do tell ... what is the difference between a gen 2 sti and a gen 2 staccato mag , i'd love to know what they fixed and makes them different..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                              wow .. ok! STI had issues with gen 1 followers and fixed that before they became staccato

I've never had a single malfunction in my STI ... not ONE with STI gen2 followers !

I believe they completely outsourced manufacturing instead of making them in house.

As far as the old STI 2011 magazines, they were known be the weak link of the gun. The tubes weren't consistent and almost every USPSA open and limited shooter immediately rebuilt them after purchase. All of my original sti mags were gutted and replaced with grams springs and followers and I still had to tune the feed lips for reliable feeding. Now that Staccato and many others are manufacturing reliable mags now, you don't hear about the issues, because it's no longer an issue.

Run a Google search for "sti magazine issues" and you'll see that it a pervasive issue prior to Staccatto outsourcing manufacturing.

Dawson still sells a magazine tuning kit for STI mags.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X