going to africa in 2 years for cape buffalo
    going elk hunting next year
    small texas deer and pigs for life lol

current arrow setup

471 grains---295-300 fps
    92 ft/lbs KE
    .63 momentum
    18.5% FOC

thinking Cape ill increase from a 100 grain broadhead to 175 and call it good

Maybe someone will write a poem about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      oh im sure there will be plenty of thoughts on this

Comment

I doubt a PH will sign off on that low of weight. Shot my buff w 790 Gr arrow & they thought that was light.
        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
          I doubt a PH will sign off on that low of weight. Shot my buff w 790 Gr arrow & they thought that was light.
          Good luck
          just slowly planning got two more years to tinker.... i wouldnt be against putting a 200-225 grain broadhead on a 200 spine arrow.... that should get me around 650 @ 83 lbs....and a good coc or single bevel

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
            Good luck
            Yeah a buddy of mine did a Cape buffalo hunt and I’m fairly certain he was around 850.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              A pondering question that may seem scary
              I found myself watching the ranch fairy
              With twislers and flappers and arrows that fly wonky
              I ask myself, “who is this honky?”

He’s got demos and test that all give me a fit
              All from a tuber that never kills )$&%

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

you need to get this published lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Hahahahahahaaha.....greatness!

Comment

Here is my set up for my Cape this past Sept 2021.

28 1/2" Gold Tip Kinetic 200 spine
                    4 3" feathers RH
                    225 grain Tuffhead single rh bevel head
                    Arrow was footed with a 2" aluminum shaft part then a 1" aluminum shaft part to add strength to the front.

Total arrow weight was 775 grain w/ 27.2% FOC

I had planned on shooting 70#s, but shoulder surgery and some string stretch had me only shooting 60#'s.

I shot the Cape square in the left hip as he turned on me at 50 yards. I cut the femoral artery thankfully but he still went a long way and we did dispatch him with a rifle when we got up on him in a thicket rather than risk getting tramp-led. When he was gutted and skinned back at camp, the skinner found the BH and about 12" of the arrow in his stomach.

Did I want to shoot 60#'s, NO, but my shoulder after surgery would not allow me to draw 65#'s so I backed it down to 60. My PH has had other hunters kill Cape with 60#'s. It is hunting with the right equipment and shot placement.

I used this arrow on the Cape, a Sable and a Zebra. I blew thru the Zebra and the fletching hung on the off side of the Sable. My PG said most do not get a passthru on a Sable as their hide is extremely thick.

The biggest thing I noticed was the penetration of the single bevel Tuffhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Here is my set up for my Cape this past Sept 2021.

28 1/2" Gold Tip Kinetic 200 spine
                      4 3" feathers RH
                      225 grain Tuffhead single rh bevel head
                      Arrow was footed with a 2" aluminum shaft part then a 1" aluminum shaft part to add strength to the front.

Total arrow weight was 775 grain w/ 27.2% FOC

I had planned on shooting 70#s, but shoulder surgery and some string stretch had me only shooting 60#'s.

I shot the Cape square in the left hip as he turned on me at 50 yards. I cut the femoral artery thankfully but he still went a long way and we did dispatch him with a rifle when we got up on him in a thicket rather than risk getting tramp-led. When he was gutted and skinned back at camp, the skinner found the BH and about 12" of the arrow in his stomach.

Did I want to shoot 60#'s, NO, but my shoulder after surgery would not allow me to draw 65#'s so I backed it down to 60. My PH has had other hunters kill Cape with 60#'s. It is hunting with the right equipment and shot placement.

I used this arrow on the Cape, a Sable and a Zebra. I blew thru the Zebra and the fletching hung on the off side of the Sable. My PG said most do not get a passthru on a Sable as their hide is extremely thick.

The biggest thing I noticed was the penetration of the single bevel Tuffhead.
                      thats great info! im leaning towards the valkyrie heads or a good strong single bevel.... tuffhead is one that im looking at, of course gk's(originals) got plenty of testing to do

Comment

Working...
                      X