Army Worms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Worms?

Have a food plot getting hit hard. Best pesticide for the price?

Liquid Sevin (carbaryl) if you don’t have an applicators license…

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	armwo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24692210

They getting real bad around here. I got a bunch in my hay field right now.

If you see flocks of birds coming into your field or plots right now, go look and see what they are after. Usually it is army worms this time of year.

Comment

Lorsban

Comment

Had them bad last year, almost devoured 8 acres of Millet in a day. Sprayed Sevin and it smoked them. Has a residual of approx 30 days depending on amount of rainfall.

Comment

It amazing how much they can eat in a day. I lost 10 acres of food plots 4 years ago. I quit planting in September now I do it in the middle of October

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

They are getting heated up around here, been noticing them around the county. I’ve been monitoring my sod on my new homes, they love Bermuda grass. Had a bunch of the moths around our models lately, but no worms yet. Just a matter of time.

We plant our plots in mid October too, to keep from losing from dry weather or army worms.

Comment

Last year I saw one of them, then one brown spot the next day. Liquid Sevin as mentioned above went on that day and I never had any problems in my yard.

Comment

Nothing yet this year. Drought has them knocked back I guess.

Comment

Had a breakout of Armyworms about a month ago, sprayed 80 acres of hay grazer with Besiege 12oz per acre and it wiped them out, got 200 acres of Soybeans planted and checking them everyday.

Comment

“For the price” is a loaded question

If you don’t have a license then your at the mercy of 10x priced products. Seven is probably your best option then

If you have license, lamb-cy is probably cheapest but is a contact killer… no residual. So you may have to spray again… and again

Bieseg (sp) and others have a residual. They cost more up front but if I spray once vs 2-3 times it’s the best value… at highest price

Comment

Low Fence is correct.

I've used Mustang Max for a 21-28 day residual, but you need a license to buy it. I don't think Sevin has much of a residual as the label says 14 days. And that is if it does not rain.

Comment

order Bifen XT off Do my own pest control or Keystone shipped to your door

Comment

Those devils ripped through my yard last year - I'll be ready for them next time. liquid Sevin!

Comment

Bleach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X