Identify these rounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify these rounds?

My dad recently passed and we came across these in one of his ammo boxes. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them. Still made? What are they for? Legal?
    Thanks in advance!

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

More than likely they are a steel cored round and yes, 100% legal. My late grandfather was a retired LEO and had a few boxes find its way home with me. I haven't shot any yet.

Michael

Comment

Metal piercing ammo. Worth about $100 if the box is full.

Comment

State Troopers used to use them when the S&W .357 was their standard firearm. Supposedly used to bust an engine block. I’ve seen them on their cartridge belts in the past.

Comment

Never knew those existed

Learned something new

Comment

Man those are cool looking little suckers

Comment

Identify these rounds?

Those will actually penetrate an engine block.
              They will also go through the trunk of a 70’s era car and exit the front of the car. Those are some dangerous rounds if you don’t know your backstop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pretty self explanatory.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!
                  I did a search and all I found was someone just paid $150 for a box of 49 rounds on some gun site…
                  I’m guessing this box has about 47-48 rounds in it, didn’t count them yet but they come packed in a box like most .22 ammo does, loose with one up one down one up and so on.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

On our first visit to the Alamo around 2003 the officer who checked my gun had a belt full of them.

Comment

They are just a full metal jacketed pointed bullet. Nothing really special about them. Supposed to penetrate car bodies and windshields better. Kind of a unique find, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X