Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor Freight

I bought a backup drill at the Freight yesterday for $30.00 and change. I asked the manager if they had any problems with em. Said not a one, none returned. Was gonna get a back up battery but they were sold out.
    3/8
    18 volt
    20 clutch settings
    LED light
    Reversible
    AC/DC wall adapter
    I was told years ago that you’d buy stuff from HF and throw it away after you used it. I’ve bought things from em that are still working! I bought a wrecking bar from em years ago that still works fine!

I have had great experiences with everything I have bought from HF so far. However, recently they advertised a tool box "on sale". I went to Home Depot and found that tool box for about 20$ cheaper (normal price at HD) than their on sale price at HF. Turns out, whoever did the ad, didn't verify which tool box they were comparing it to. The one they were comparing prices to, was actually a bigger tool box at HD. So for about 50$ more, I got the bigger one at the HD. Only time that HF has disappointed.

Comment

Stay away from some of their sandpaper, not worth it. Also their Black tape is crap.
      Other things are OK but I wouldn't depend on it as my primary tools.

Comment

For light home use, I've found that some of their stuff will last a long time. I wouldn't count on it for daily use or to make a living with, but for what it is, there are some deals there.

Comment

My brother is a harbor freight junky. He has 90% of their hand tools and does more mechanical work than most folks I know. We put a head on his Cummins using nothing but harbor freight and it’s been fine.

Their tools are getting better I still worry at times. The only issue I’ve had was I bought a 4” grinder and as soon as I turned it on it smoked, other than that I’ve had no issues.

Comment

We have several things from them that get used daily in construction. The little 20v impact will drive 1/2 inch lag bolts as long as you want to pull the trigger.

Comment

Had ok luck with their hand tools. But i wont buy anthing powered or air. Unless its a truly one time use thing and if it makes it long then great.

Every powered tool ive bought from them didnt make it long in a every day to few day a week use. There is other stuff out there way better for just a little more money.

Now there General toolboxes are great.

Comment

I’ve owned some of their air tools, and a lot of their hand tools. The air tools are so so at best. The hand tools are great! I used to make a living turning wrenches and never had a failure out of any of their hand tools. The air tools just couldn’t stand daily use, but for occasional use they might be ok.

Oh, their tool boxes also hold up REALLY good.

Comment

Do they have ANYTHING in their stores that isn't made in China or India?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    The employees.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Just the cashier that was Hecha in Mexico.

Comment

The Bauer brand that they carry is legit.

Comment

Their generators have held up for bowfishing. A 3500 for running the power maxxes and a 1400 for the lights, both on their third year.

Comment

Their 4 ton hydraulic floor jacks have been a great value. I’ve used them when repairing all kinds of heavy equipment, farm equipment, and vehicles. The HD jack stands, that are a must when jacking things up, were purchased elsewhere.

Certain pliers and end cutters have also held up well. Some of their better quality tools I purchased from the catalogs. I noticed the design of the miter saw stands has significantly changed.

Comment

I bought a pitman arm puller and hose (visegrip type) clamp from them both were trash and a waste of money.

Comment

Working...
                              X