Big Colorado Elk with 11+ points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Colorado Elk with 11+ points

Any suggestions on a ranch or outfitter that has high success on 350+ bulls? Rifle hunt preferred.

I’d love a private ranch where I could draw my own tag and save a little money.

My group will have 11 points after this year. Time to think about cashing them and start earning again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im also in for the information. Good Luck.

Comment

I know of a good outfitter in a trophy unit, but it's all public land, and you won't touch a rifle or archery tag with 11 points. Im not saying it can't be done on a ranch or else where but there going to be a hard task with 11 points.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Your in no mans land with 11 points. As a non-resident you can't draw any of the RFW tags in the draw. 350+ is a tall order in Colorado anymore even in the Northwest trophy units which you are still realistically 25-30 years from even coming close to sniffing a chance of drawing.

Comment

Y’all have me thinking my points are pretty much worthless.

And I may have been over shooting with 350”. Honestly 310+ would be a good bull in my book.

Comment

no mans land is right.
            you can choose to keep playing the points game for another 15 yrs or you can choose to spend the points on a unit that you can draw with like 2-5 points.

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
              no mans land is right.
              you can choose to keep playing the points game for another 15 yrs or you can choose to spend the points on a unit that you can draw with like 2-5 points.

Not what I wanted to hear but I’m sure y’all are right. Also I see no point in waiting until I’m 70 to hunt a NE unit. I can just pay to hunt a premium ranch instead of waiting that long to shoot a big bull.

Comment

If you're looking to hunt private land you can probably find a landowner voucher to buy. You can hunt and still get another point.

The elk point system is all or nothing in Colorado if you're not close to max. At least for the "best" units. It makes a random draw look way better.

Comment

Man I was expecting to see an 11 point bull.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post

Me too. Click bait/thread fail.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                      Yep.

Comment

You may have to go the RFW route and buy an outfitted hunt on one of those ranches.

Comment

Hate to tell you but what the others have mentioned is spot on. Heck Ive got 23 elk points and still cant draw what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                            Hate to tell you but what the others have mentioned is spot on. Heck Ive got 23 elk points and still cant draw what I want.
                            WOW. I have 2, and it's just enough to draw in the unit I want to hunt.

Point creep is real. Although with the way this economy is chugging along, I suspect we will see less hunters applying the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              WOW. I have 2, and it's just enough to draw in the unit I want to hunt.

Point creep is real. Although with the way this economy is chugging along, I suspect we will see less hunters applying the next few years.
                              Point creep sucks. I agree. Itll be interesting to see how many applicants we have this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X