Tundra, F-150, GM or Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra, F-150, GM or Ram?

I am in the market for a new pickup, and will consider every manufacture. I am wanting a Crew Cab, 4X4 and I keep my vehicles for at least 10 years. I drove the 2021 Tundra and loved it. Then I drove a couple of F-150's last night. The first one had a 3.5 EcoBoost and the other had a 5.0 V8. I was really impressed with the 5.0, although I have never been a fan of Ford trucks. The 5.0 is rated at 22 mpg hwy, where the Tundra is rated at 17. I plan to check out a Chevy or GMC with the 3.0 diesel and I guess I should go drive a Ram. I hate to go with the Tundra and be stuck getting 12-15 mpg for the next 10 years, even though it may be the best built truck of them all.

Any input is appreciated, particularly if you have spent a lot of time in several of them to make an actual comparison.

Tundra... lil to no maintenance, no front ends to replace etc. Just drive and enjoy. The thing to remember is you drive for smiles not miles regarding the gas mileage.

Comment

I’ve become a fan of the 3.5 ecoboost. Wife has it in her expedition, and it has been pretty impressive. She averages almost 19 mpg.

Comment

Tundra

Comment

I have a GMC 5.3 with 10 speed getting overall average for 7000 miles about 19. It does what I need, but still wished I had the 6.2. Those just didn't have the high rebates like the 5.3s.

Comment

Tundra, F150, Ram in that order

Comment

Fundra!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2016 f-150 5.0 with 218,000 miles. It consistently gets 17.5-18mpg. Highway only it gets 19-20 or better depending on the wind and terrain. I change oil every 5000 miles.
                Just changed the plugs and coils at 213,000. It is the Six speed auto and the newer ones have the 10 speed which may get better mileage. Other than regular maintenance it’s been a great truck. Company vehicle, drive it like I stole it.

Comment

Tundra all the way.

Comment

Hard to beat a Tundra 77k miles on my 2017 not a single issue. One thing to consider is a new design will be out next year I believe. It will come with a twin turbo V6 though. Don't know if they will still have their current 5.7 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyMutt View Post
                      Hard to beat a Tundra 77k miles on my 2017 not a single issue. One thing to consider is a new design will be out next year I believe. It will come with a twin turbo V6 though. Don't know if they will still have their current 5.7 anymore.
                      I will personally never have a turbo anything again if at all possible !! Then again I'm not a put your foot in it guy. If I go back to 1/2 ton I'll go back to F150 or the Tundra whichever is the better deal at the time I like them both. I never had problem with my F150 and my buddy never had a problem with his Tundra and I'm not a big brand buy guy but pretty well would be between those 2 for me.

Comment

I went with another Cheby. Silverado High Country with 6.2 and 10 speed, 4wd and love the fuel mileage it gets with the big motor. I have averaged over 20 mpg on long trips to south Texas running 75-80.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Now that is impressive. My F250 with big gas gets 13

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            I went with another Cheby. Silverado High Country with 6.2 and 10 speed, 4wd and love the fuel mileage it gets with the big motor. I have averaged over 20 mpg on long trips to south Texas running 75-80.
                            It requires premium fuel, doesn't it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Any comments on any of the 1/2 ton diesel engines?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X