Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update

Comment

Went a couple years ago. Much tougher hunt that expected. Beware of ticks they are heavy in there. Didn’t have a day I didn’t walk out covered. Take all the precautions. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
        I received the permit # with my name and the 4 page Laguna Atacosta rules that I have to sign. I am assuming this is the orientation. What I don't see yet is my vehicle permit. I think a previous year I had to email them to get it. My hunt period is Nov. 18-20.

Anybody else? I haven’t received this yet, I hunt 11/11-11/15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post
          Anybody else? I haven’t received this yet, I hunt 11/11-11/15

They should have emailed this when you bought the permit, check your junk mail. It is not the orientation though. I just left them a voicemail to find out if it’ll be in person or online again.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
            They should have emailed this when you bought the permit, check your junk mail. It is not the orientation though. I just left them a voicemail to find out if it’ll be in person or online again.

Ohhhh okay that’s what confused me. My bad

Comment

DISTANCE QUESTION a few years ago I took a nilgai on a late gun hunt 3/4 mile from my truck. My first time archery hunting there will be the 3rd archery, maybe 5th hunt mid December. From last years board I know this is an active WT time.
              Map scouting and rethinking with archery in mind I’m seeing potential spots within a half mile from roads or less. I know the die hard consensus is go deep and with the number of archers I would agree but what about the overlooked areas that may get passed by? What’s the odds of success within 3/4 mile in? Deer or nilgai?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                DISTANCE QUESTION a few years ago I took a nilgai on a late gun hunt 3/4 mile from my truck. My first time archery hunting there will be the 3rd archery, maybe 5th hunt mid December. From last years board I know this is an active WT time.
                Map scouting and rethinking with archery in mind I’m seeing potential spots within a half mile from roads or less. I know the die hard consensus is go deep and with the number of archers I would agree but what about the overlooked areas that may get passed by? What’s the odds of success within 3/4 mile in? Deer or nilgai?

Could you? Probably. But my thinking has always been that there’s a lot of other guys doing the same thing.

The first day I saw several animals, but I also saw several other hunters. But it can be successful too. I will say that regardless of hunt method, persevering the entire 4 days is probably the biggest factor!

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                  I shot a nice buck 10-15 yards off a main road about 3/4 into one of the units. It can be done.

Comment

Just finished taking a hike around some of the trials with the family. Grass is really tall and lots of water present.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                      We hunt a place that is loaded with ticks and chiggers this time of year. This year we started using Sawyers permethrin spray and the difference was unbelievable, highly recommend it. I bought off of Amazon.
                      Sawyers is what I have used each and every time I've been. Like I said, never had a tick on me. I buy it at walmart.

Comment

ebikes for sale if anyone is looking for one for this hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                          Yes sir!

That and slime in the tubes as insurance. Worked great!
                          Thanks for the heads up! Just bought some on eBay

Comment

Originally posted by BigLou View Post
                            ebikes for sale if anyone is looking for one for this hunt...

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bi...537906223.html
                            Curious, I guess with a front hub motor, there is no pedal assist?.

Comment

I put a plastic tire liner and slime in my tires. Had a slow leaking flat at East Lake NWR last year. Made it to truck for another tube. Had a huge thorn

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                Curious, I guess with a front hub motor, there is no pedal assist?.
                                pedal assist is optional, but not required unless you are on a steep hill...

Comment

Working...
                                X