Watch out for wasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out for wasp

After the morning hunt on Saturday I decided to go clean out some of the rifle blinds while I had some time. I would start by cracking the door and throwing in a bug bomb and wait to let anything inside die. That worked great until I got to the 20 foot tower blind. I climbed up and unlocked the door while still standing on the ladder. As soon as I cracked the door I was swarmed by wasp. Most of them attacked my cap but I got stung 7-8 times before I could get down off the ladder. I guess they were on the door and when i opened them I was face level with them. It has been awhile since I was stung by one and man they hurt. It has been 48 hours and the spots that I was stung are still red, swollen and hurting. I guess I had a pretty bad allergic reaction to it, but nothing that benedryl couldn't fix.

Ouch dude! I hate wasp. I went several years without being stung until one day I was driving down the road and got stung twice on the lower back. I slammed on the breaks and skidded down the dirt road. Felt like a lightning bolt went up my butt. Those things hurt like a son of a gun.

Glad you ain't highly allergic to them. Those things are bad news.

Comment

Years ago me and a buddy went to Sam Rayburn. He was wearing cutoff shorts. All of a sudden he hollers and jumped up. Hollered and cussed again and came out of those cut offs. A red wasp had crawled up his pants leg and let him have it twice on his Lukenbach litter bag. He said his nutt swole up and ached the rest of the day. Don’t think we had Benadryl back then. It was 1978.

Comment

Yikes! That could have ended badly with you 20 feet off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          A red wasp had crawled up his pants leg and let him have it twice on his Lukenbach litter bag. He said his nutt swole up and ached the rest of the day. Don’t think we had Benadryl back then. It was 1978.
          This absolutely made me almost spit my DR Pepper out🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Years ago me and a buddy went to Sam Rayburn. He was wearing cutoff shorts. All of a sudden he hollers and jumped up. Hollered and cussed again and came out of those cut offs. A red wasp had crawled up his pants leg and let him have it twice on his Lukenbach litter bag. He said his nutt swole up and ached the rest of the day. Don’t think we had Benadryl back then. It was 1978.
            I LOL'd at this.

That's a first for me.....think I'll put that one in the bag for later use.

Comment

Thats terrible!! tobacco works very well, wet it and place some on the sting, almost immediate relief (for me) when I have been stung multiple times, also works for scorpion hits too!!

Comment

that sucks

I hate to hear that! I highly recommend this hot shot wasp killers. They are about $6 each and you hang them in your stands a couple times a year. They work great. You won't end up with anymore big nest in your stands if they are enclosed stands.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  This absolutely made me almost spit my DR Pepper out🤣🤣
                  Straight up! We were able to laugh about it later in the evening but his bag was toast.

Comment

Originally posted by JDH875 View Post
                    I hate to hear that! I highly recommend this hot shot wasp killers. They are about $6 each and you hang them in your stands a couple times a year. They work great. You won't end up with anymore big nest in your stands if they are enclosed stands.
                    this is what i do as well. Remove the strip while you are inside the blind. It cant be good to breath the stuff.

I put a fresh strip after season is over and remove when it gets good and cold.

Comment

Originally posted by JDH875 View Post
                      I second this. Seems to last a long time.

Comment

Same thing happened to me the other day while I was climbing up the windmill to mess with it. Paper wasps tore my behind up.

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

I've heard if a bee stings you on the donger it could cause permanent swelling. Been trying to take a leak on those things every chance I get. Ain't made one mad enough to go for it yet.

So don't watch for wasp they can't help you none. Watch for bees.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 10-03-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Cow ear tags

Comment

Working...
                              X