Questioning neighbor’s stand location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    The problem with this is all these guys get bent out of shape about the blind being on the fence line. Personally I think blind on the fence shooting away is much more preferable.
    The most legal anyway. All it takes is someone to get accidentally shot and they would wish they would have folllowed the rules. Being safe does not mean anyone is less of a man or hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Probably because a feeder on the fence line adds up to bullets coming off that property. Very dangerous
      Is the excuse everyone uses. In reality it's because people are greedy and don't want others shooting "their deer".

How many people do we hear each year get shot in the situation this threads talks about? I've never heard of it happening before.
      I'm not saying I'd want a guy shooting my way though LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Just go hunt. He's not breaking any laws. Move your set up if you're unhappy.
        And never walk or hunt near that portion of the fence because there is a rifle pointed your way?

Not hardly. I’m calling him and try to have a discussion.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Probably because a feeder on the fence line adds up to bullets coming off that property. Very dangerous
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
            I just don’t understand folks who questions what another man or neighbor does on his/their own property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You get a bullet whizzing past your stand while you’re in it I bet you’ll think of a couple that need asking.

Comment

Had a distant relative that had one of those 50 acre rancheros in rock springs, and just about every property line had feeders and stands on both sides, basically out of necessity. He had a good relationship with all of his neighbors and they’d let each other know when they were in camp, and would work to avoid the stands that would be close to where someone next door would be hunting. It seemed to work pretty smoothly the couple of times I went out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Is the excuse everyone uses. In reality it's because people are greedy and don't want others shooting "their deer".

How many people do we hear each year get shot in the situation this threads talks about? I've never heard of it happening before.
                Think 300, 400, 800 yards behind that line. Do you feel safe with you or your family sitting down from it? When I was young I had a 7 mag zing right by me, sounded like a laser beam. It had gone through a buck 500ish yards away from a hunter who was driving the main road along the fence line and stopped and shot it. There was brush behind it and he didn't shoot down the road it was at an angle and I was sitting on a sendero that branched off, no way he could've even known I was there. That same hunt a pair of F4's IIRC (showing my age there) turned and did a practice run on the box blind up the hill from me. I ducked and thought they were gonna take my head off and then thought the jetwash was gonna tump my tripod, seemed way closer than they were.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                  I just don’t understand folks who questions what another man or neighbor does on his/their own property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Until it endangers my life, neither do I

Comment

Given the area a deer covers daily and the considering the area a target buck will travel during the rut I don’t think this is the issue.

Rifle bullets coming through the neighbors property is the issue!

Comment

Nah, this is only an issue at Hagerman when those selfish draw hunters kill the monster deer on wma property that actually live on all the 5 acre leases surrounding it.

Comment

Working...
                      X