• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
    That is crazy. I drew GDE on second draw with only 5 points

What property though?

Comment

The youth hunts are starting to see some “ creep” and getting harder to draw the more coveted tags. My youngest hasn’t drawn yet this year and is going into next season with 4 points into most categories. I started putting her into the draws at 8 yrs old( she just wasn’t ready before that) Does anyone know what the youngest age requirement is for most areas? If I had to do it again- I should have started applying her at the youngest age at the hardest tags to draw to get more points on the board for said category.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
        The youth hunts are starting to see some “ creep” and getting harder to draw the more coveted tags. My youngest hasn’t drawn yet this year and is going into next season with 4 points into most categories. I started putting her into the draws at 8 yrs old( she just wasn’t ready before that) Does anyone know what the youngest age requirement is for most areas? If I had to do it again- I should have started applying her at the youngest age at the hardest tags to draw to get more points on the board for said category.
        Pretty sure 8 is the minimum

Comment

waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
            What property though?
            Gaudalupe SP

Comment

People not drawing are putting in for Chap only is my guess.

It’s not hard to get a hunt, it’s hard to get THE hunt.

Comment

Wish TPW would do it like Colorado Parks and Wildlife and how Hagerman used to do it before TPW took it over.
                After so many points you are guaranteed to be drawn. You know when you are going to get drawn and can plan your vacation. Plus you are rewarded for your points instead of relying on luck of the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

LAGUNA ATASCOSA NWR archery on TPWD says about 1,600 applicants for 800 spots. For someone with no points, those are good odds, but it is a challenging hunt at the bottom of the map.

Comment

It would seem that way but it's just not the case. Some people are just super unlucky and some get all the draws. There's a reason I don't buy lottery tickets or enter raffles and such, learned long ago.

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                    LAGUNA ATASCOSA NWR archery on TPWD says about 1,600 applicants for 800 spots. For someone with no points, those are good odds, but it is a challenging hunt at the bottom of the map.
                    Took me several years but I'm finally going this year, pretty pumped!

Comment

This

Comment

I have gone 3 of the last 4, now 5 years at LANWR. a learning experience each time I went.

Comment

GDE - Now 30 points for me, so in the same club.

Comment

Have 4 points archery, 6 rifle, and nothing this year. 6 for exotic, so hopefully that will happen.

Comment

That’s crazy 30 points and still nothing. You could have probably drawn a sheep or goat hunt in Colorado with that many points lol

Comment

Originally posted by jaredmartin View Post
                                Have 4 points archery, 6 rifle, and nothing this year. 6 for exotic, so hopefully that will happen.
                                19 in exotic for me

Comment

Working...
                                X