No announcement yet.

Tonights Wild Game Supper Is........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive never seen ground fat. It is rewarding doing at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      Hunters (Shepherds) Pie. Ground Whitetail with 20 percent beef back fat.

You made it…Good for you!

It looks delicious, so much so that I’ve preempted this week’s meal plan in order to include Hunter’s Pie. If the weather’s as nasty as they predict it will be on Thursday, I’ll have plenty of time to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        You made it…Good for you!

It looks delicious, so much so that I’ve preempted this week’s meal plan in order to include Hunter’s Pie. If the weather’s as nasty as they predict it will be on Thursday, I’ll have plenty of time to make it.

Thanks. It was delicious. I really like Alton Browns recipe. Fresh Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme. I subbed leeks for onions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Thanks. It was delicious. I really like Alton Browns recipe. Fresh Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme. I subbed leeks for onions.

I don’t think I’ve seen Alton Brown’s recipe. I’ll have to look it up to see what mine might be missing. Most all my recipes are amalgamations of other similar—or even non-similar—recipes that I’ve put together to create what I call the master “Frankenstein” recipe. All iterations are reviewed and approved by the Trail Boss. I’m convinced these family favorites are what keep him coming home at the end of every day. God knows, he says, it’s not my sunny personality!

He’s just a one-man riot.

Comment

They all look good to me.

Comment

I don’t think I’ve seen Alton Brown’s recipe. I’ll have to look it up to see what mine might be missing. Most all my recipes are amalgamations of other similar—or even non-similar—recipes that I’ve put together to create what I call the master “Frankenstein” recipe. All iterations are reviewed and approved by the Trail Boss. I’m convinced these family favorites are what keep him coming home at the end of every day. God knows, he says, it’s not my sunny personality!

Funny

Let us know how it turns out if you try to change things up. Ours is all gone as of lunch today. One of my favorite recipes for venison. So much richer flavor.

Comment

Black bear burgers ground with its own fat. If you’ve never had a bear burger you’re definitely missing out. By far my favorite.

Comment

Will you share your recipe with us, also the bolognaise sauce if you dont mind. Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                    Will you share your recipe with us, also the bolognaise sauce if you dont mind. Thank you very much

I’d be happy to. Both recipes are in Word docs and it will be easier to email them to you as attachments. If you’ll PM me the email address you’d like me to use, I’ll send them right away.

Comment

First time making Venison Shepherds Pie.
                      It was good but I used chili grind venison and had a few of the sinew chunks still in it.
                      I should have reground it with some bacon first.
                      I didn't get the oven hot enough to build a good browned crust also.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                        It was good but I used chili grind venison and had a few of the sinew chunks still in it.

Looks great, even without the browning. Clearly, your family enjoyed it!

The recent lower temps have me itching to make hearty meals like this!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC8DF9E9-5529-4C79-B6D0-971F0E8AFD28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	24693217
                          Venison Swedish meatballs. Super tasty.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

Looks good to me! This is a popular meal that I have yet to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                Looks good to me! This is a popular meal that I have yet to enjoy.

A great meal, along with a salad, if you’re feeding a large family or having guests. Never fails to please!

Comment

Working...
                                X