Add a cabin and tax increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    So I’m old and have hearing loss from the Tank Battalion I served in. I can get an additional break beside wildlife?
    Depends on your VA rating.

Texas disabled Veteran benefits include a property tax exemption from either a portion or all of the assessed value of a Veteran's home according to this schedule.
    Last edited by Voodoo; 09-26-2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I’d almost opt for a state tax on income because Texas has discovered a goldmine with property taxes.

In many cases I know of now, property taxes far exceeds an income tax.

Comment

I added a 20'x30' metal cover for a travel trailer and a 20' Conex container and our taxes only went up $35 in Foard County. That was about 10 years ago and we have since sold the property.

Comment

$3,000 for raw land? Thats insane

Need wildlife exemption on it

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            $3,000 for raw land? Thats insane

Need wildlife exemption on it
            Yes you do but that takes five years before you qualify. And you may have to have a history of running cattle on it before you apply. And, I was told that taxes will continue to rise.
            So with the water issue and taxes we sold It would have been $25,000 to hit the Edwards aquifer and $35,000 for the Trinity aquifer. And there were no guarantees of water if you drilled. We no longer have any desire to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
              We had power put on our ranch back in January. Comanche electric has to notify the county every time they put in a meter. Then once the county was notified we got a call asking what we were doing so they know. They are all in bed together. For us, it meant we had to get a permit for our septic that we weren't planning on getting and I'm sure they will be out to check on what we built. To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, if we had just drilled a well and done solar I don't think the county would have been informed. But they may have something where any well is required to be turned in as well.
              I believe that now, different from years ago, TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Control) is notified by all licensed septic and water well folks when they are installed. They are monitoring water septics much closer than they did just 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                I believe that now, different from years ago, TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Control) is notified by all licensed septic and water well folks when they are installed. They are monitoring water septics much closer than they did just 20 years ago.
                Yep. But the septic permit was nothing more than a tax. We found somebody off of their approved "list" and:
                • He came out once
                • We showed him what we were going to do
                • He sketched it up and paid the fee to the county, I had a detailed sketch from cad and he threw it away and basically sketched something on a napkin
                • We paid him (very small fee) and he gave us the permit he got from the county
                • We installed the septic and never looked back
                • It was never inspected by him or the county

Again, all they cared about was getting our permit fee but I'm sure the guy we used has been in there so many times they trust him. If we would have gotten the permit on our own we would probably still be fooling with the county. For clarification when I say we installed the septic ourselves we did have a person that installs septic systems professionally out there helping us but he is from Austin and not familiar with the county where our ranch is

The bottom line is/was we would have never dealt with any of that if Comanche Electric hadn't told the county they were putting in a pole and meter.
                Last edited by cehorn; 09-26-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Kings and Serfs is where its going !

Comment

I think I’ll just hunt on the place and forget about power and water. It’s all a big racket. I had posted earlier about my conversation with the water company. $4,000.00 to install a meter. Another $46.00 per month to “read” said meter. I ask her “Can’t I read it myself every month”? Her “No. We have to drive by it”. Me. “How much am I paying for water”.? Her. “From zero to two thousand gallons it’s $46.00 a month. Right now”. Me. “ so if I don’t use any water at all I still get billed for two thousand gallons”? Her. Que crickets in 3,2,1

Comment

This is the exact reason I'm going to buy a cheap travel trailer, get a cheap camper shed to cover it and call it good. Little over 28k to get electricity to it. That will buy lots of gas or propane for a generator.

Comment

Hasn't happened yet

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          I think I’ll just hunt on the place and forget about power and water. It’s all a big racket. I had posted earlier about my conversation with the water company. $4,000.00 to install a meter. Another $46.00 per month to “read” said meter. I ask her “Can’t I read it myself every month”? Her “No. We have to drive by it”. Me. “How much am I paying for water”.? Her. “From zero to two thousand gallons it’s $46.00 a month. Right now”. Me. “ so if I don’t use any water at all I still get billed for two thousand gallons”? Her. Que crickets in 3,2,1
                          I would take $46 a month 0-2,000 gallons all day er day😁Our water is $80 plus what we use a month.

Comment

4 million more people allowed to enter the states illegally. So far. More water, food, medical services, medicare, food stamps. The citizens are topped off with the oligarchs.

Comment

Working...
                            X