Wind Turbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind Turbine

How long does it take for them to put up one of those things?

If the foundation is in place and all materials, equipment and personnel onsite with nothing else to do, I would say a week. It could probably go quicker but I’ve only seen crews working on installing several at the same time running around like ants.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      If the foundation is in place and all materials, equipment and personnel onsite with nothing else to do, I would say a week. It could probably go quicker but I’ve only seen crews working on installing several at the same time running around like ants.

Micheal
      From beginning dirt work to completion?

Comment

An easier question would be how long do they take to pay for themselves. I've heard never. F j b

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          An easier question would be how long do they take to pay for themselves. I've heard never. F j b
          I'm not putting them up but our landowner is having 4 maybe 5 put up. Was planning to start in January but they moved it up to Nov 1.

Comment

I don't know about building one but it takes about 10 minutes for a train carrying only WT blades @about 5 mph to pass the rail crossing down the road from my house. Timed it yesterday.

Comment

Well that sux.
              Hope you have a spot far from the construction
              What county?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                Well that sux.
                Hope you have a spot far from the construction
                What county?
                Callahan

Comment

It will depend on the total turbines in the project and on the soil type. If its in Callahan county it will be 77 GE turbines , It should be around 8 to 10 months if all the conditions are favorable.
                  Last edited by BOW BANDIT; 09-23-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Just stacking the tube, and setting the nacelle can be done in a day.

Comment

From the beginning of the project until they are turning 9-12 months.

Comment

Cost?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                          From the beginning of the project until they are turning 9-12 months.
                          12 months would be my worse nightmare. I’m some what ok giving up 1 season of hunting but don’t want to give up 2 seasons.

Comment

I went through that 3 years ago. They put one right by camp, 2 spaced out across the lease along with the dozens all over the area. I really thought our place was ruined. The year this all started I shot my biggest buck ever, a 150". Construction was active during the time, constant traffic, trucks, cranes, workers, etc. It truly was one of our best seasons. I wouldn't let it concern you too much!

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                              Cost?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              this is the price from about 5 years ago. 4 million to build it. 30 tons of steel, 2 tons of copper wire. hardware, moving cost. road permits. etc. 2 million to install. each one will power around 125 homes. this is due to voltage drop from the long range from the cities, and wind speed from day to day. 1/4 are down for maint. or too much wind or lack of.
                              in simple words, it's a total fail. it will spin itself to death and never recover the cost to build. remeber the big cold that took them out 2 years ago?

Comment

Working...
                              X