No announcement yet.

Coral Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are a pretty snake. I saw one in McAlester Park here in SA last year. They get a pass from me, but 100% understand killing one with small children around.

Comment

Completely understand killing them with small children around as well. You could also make it an educational catch, learn and relocate experience for the kiddo's also in certain situations if you choose to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
        There are several families in this campground with little ones running around. This fella was tucked up in a spot i might have put my hands.

My rule is dispatch the dangerous ones and let the others pass. This was the first one i have ever seen in person, and he or she was every bit of 2.5'.
        I dont blame you at all. If we still had little ones around, and I saw one, he would probably get the same treatment too.

Comment

One of my buddies got bit by a baby one in Louisiana one time. It only got one fang in him and it was one of the worst experiences he's ever had. Said it felt like someone lit his hand on fire from the inside.

Comment

pass if in the wild - die if at my house

Comment

'pretty' - poisonous! ... not sure why someone would let one pass around their own place.

Comment

pretty snake. I saw 2 in one day, a couple of years ago. Lockhart State Park.

Comment

I have killed probably 6 or 7 where we live. Including 2 while we were clearing the lots and building 12 years ago. Nope.......nobody gets a pass!!!!

Comment

I haven't seen one in years, but that one would make a great hatband.

Comment

Killed a big un Tuesday in the yard. No pass for any snakes in the yard with kids and you’re crzy to try and grab it to relocate

Comment

I saw a smaller one while mowing at my lease last week. I have seen a lot of them there over the years. I killed one that was well over 2 1/2 feet long a few years ago. My son skinned, preserved, and mounted on a piece of barn board for me.

Comment

Saw one while mowing a few weeks ago. It did not get a pass.

Comment

Good snake. I know that sounds counterintuitive to some but they are literally harmless and more importantly a sign of a healthy eco system.

With that said Im not telling no one how to manage venomous snakes around their property. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to pretty much stick your finger in their mouth to get bit by one of these.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                                No pass for any snakes in the yard with kids and you’re crzy to try and grab it to relocate
                                Guilty as charged unless you can come up with another way to capture a snake instead of grabbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X