Wrap vs Liner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrap vs Liner

I have a 4 door Jeep I am looking at taking to ranch full time. Was contemplating either doing a camo wrap on the outside or rhino lining the entire vehicle, inside and out.

Any on the green screen had experience with either or both. I would like to get your input. Cost difference from pricing I have gotten is not enough to make a difference initially, but liner seems would be better long term durability. But you can remove the wrap later and still have paint if you want to sell. So I see both sides of the coin, but leaning towards the liner.

We keep our roads trimmed on the ranch so not a lot of damage from trees, but just the general in and out, loading and unloading would cause most of the wear.

Before I pull the trigger, I thought I would see what advice you could give.

I think lining the whole thing will be really hot during the warmer months.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      I think lining the whole thing will be really hot during the warmer months.
      Thank you. That is something I had not really considered.

Comment

I'd probably wrap it. If you ever want to re sell it in the future, just peel it off and it looks like original. The stuff they use is pretty resistant to scratches and should hold up pretty well. If you were driving through a bunch of mesquite, maybe not so much. Plus you can camo wrap it like you said, and that will be cool to hunt out of.

If you Rhino it, it will be harder to find buyers for it. Only the mudders will want it after this, imo. But it will last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
          I'd probably wrap it. If you ever want to re sell it in the future, just peel it off and it looks like original. The stuff they use is pretty resistant to scratches and should hold up pretty well. If you were driving through a bunch of mesquite, maybe not so much. Plus you can camo wrap it like you said, and that will be cool to hunt out of.

If you Rhino it, it will be harder to find buyers for it. Only the mudders will want it after this, imo. But it will last forever.
          That is one of the big selling points to me on the wrap. Once lined, its always lined.

Comment

This stuff is supposed to be a little heavier duty than plain wrap. I saw it on a truck in town a few months ago.

Comment

I'd go wrap personally. Liner looks cool and is tough, but adds just a little more weight and puts you in the position where if you go to sell it, only a niche market wants it.

Comment

Not to hijack, but what is the cost difference between wrapping and lining? I'm wanting to do something similar on my F250 to clean it up for my son to drive.

Comment

Wrap is vinyl that adheres to the surface after it has been prepped, usually use a heat gun on it I believe.

Liner is bed liner sprayed onto the surface.

The truck we bought for our daughter last year has camo vinyl covering the two tone color (gold) that my daughter wasn't a fan of. It's been driven quite a bit in the roughly 16 months the vinyl has been on it and it's held up very well.

Comment

Here’s an example of a partial wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                      Here’s an example of a partial wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I had a shadow grass kit on a 03 dodge done like that. Wife and I put it on the in the driveway. Very easy to apply and is forgiving as it can be with be able to pull and reapply before you really lay into it. Anyway, put 120k on the truck after install and the last I saw the truck it was still on there.

Ive considered wrapping our jeep just to protect whats left of the paint above the windshield

Comment

Wrap

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                        I'd go wrap personally. Liner looks cool and is tough, but adds just a little more weight and puts you in the position where if you go to sell it, only a niche market wants it.
                        Wrap will be more Worser.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I had a shadow grass kit on a 03 dodge done like that. Wife and I put it on the in the driveway. Very easy to apply and is forgiving as it can be with be able to pull and reapply before you really lay into it. Anyway, put 120k on the truck after install and the last I saw the truck it was still on there.

Ive considered wrapping our jeep just to protect whats left of the paint above the windshield
                          We don’t have the sample size on the one I posted above, but I’m impressed with how it has held up so far.

One very small and narrow scrape in the front bumper, I expected a whole lot more damage with all the construction and related traffic in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                            Wrap will be more Worser.
                            Alright Alright Alright, it's catching on!
                            Originally posted by Twist View Post
                            We don’t have the sample size on the one I posted above, but I’m impressed with how it has held up so far.

One very small and narrow scrape in the front bumper, I expected a whole lot more damage with all the construction and related traffic in the area.
                            It held up to dirt roads and rocks better than the paint that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Not to hijack, but what is the cost difference between wrapping and lining? I'm wanting to do something similar on my F250 to clean it up for my son to drive.

$3,500 - $ 4,000.00 depending upon removing fenders and flares for wrap in Game Guard. Exterior only of course for wrap.

$ 4,500.00 for liner inside and out in black. More for a color. They strip and replace inside and out.

This is being done in Tyler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X