Tick bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick bites

Is anyone else particularly bothered by tick bites? I can usually feel them start to embed and ease them out before they get too deep. But that bite location always swells up the size of a quarter and itches worse than poison ivy for 2+ weeks.

I got ate up earlier this week. Even after spraying down with deet, I pulled 12+ off the outside of my clothes throughout the day and ended up with three bites.

Tick bites are the worst for me being the most irritating & longest lasting to heal...chiggers are 2nd.

Comment

I usually feel them crawling through hair and catch before embedment. Like to use spray around clothes openings to keep them back.

Comment

Yea, it's a multi week deal when them or chiggers bite me. Ticks are especially bad on me.

My legs currently look like chickenpox due to a combination of both.

Comment

I should probably be more worried but it's part of it for me. Rarely do I not have a bite from one or both this time of year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m more afraid of ticks spreading Lymes disease than I am of snakes.

Some say taking vitamin B12 will naturally repel them.

Comment

I found a tick on me today. Been many years

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                I’m more afraid of ticks spreading Lymes disease than I am of snakes.
                I'm afraid of both. NW Blanco Co. Last year the rattlesnake count was in the mid teens. That same year, a belly-button tick bite resulted in the rash characteristic of the early stages of Lyme disease (erythema multiforme - target-like rash). Got a 2 week dose of Doxycycline to clean that up.

At the end of the day, I always to a quick full body tick check.

Comment

Lyme disease is no joke, I have a buddy that has it. Chiggers get doctored with clear finger nail polish as soon as I get home.

Comment

It seems like a tick bite will have me itching for 4-6 weeks! I think I’m allergic to all biting insects. Some way more than others. EpiPen’s are my friend.

Comment

I have the worst luck with ticks.

Seems like the tiny seed ticks get my calves and legs the worse.

I hunt one property with a buddy and every single time I go in to fill a feeder to hunt/scout I pull 2 or 3 off of my.

I spray all of my clothing with Sawyers and wear long sleeves and tall socks.

When I get one that’s embedded well, I may have a spot on me for more than a month. No joke.

I talked to my dr about it and said try prevention tactics. I’ve listened to so many pod casts here lately with people getting tick illnesses and it has me thinking about it all the time.

As soon as I get out of the woods and back to the house I strip clothing and take a shower and give myself a good look over.

Comment

I have had real good luck spraying down with Cedarcide before going into the woods. Someone on here recommend and have only found one tick on me in two years. Before I started using it I was covered up every time I went to my place in Oklahoma.

Comment

Sawyers Permethrin has always done well for me.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with the Sawyers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was feeling very weird for two weeks last year. Found one stuck to my sack as big as a corn nut. Pulled it out and instantly felt better all over. They are bad medicine for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X