Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love mustard so to me it looks great.

Comment

AC, lookin' at your pic of the ready to cook steak, all's I can say about that is it looks like you used more seasoning on that steak than I would for a whole 7-rack rib roast!! Get you some ground chuck and slather all that crap on it... It'll be just a good...
      Save the good meat and cook it in an iron skillet with just a tiny pat of buter and a little bit of pepper and salt on one side... Try that and you'll know real quick if you actually like the flavor of meat or the flavor of all the "beef patties, special sauce lettuce, cheese, pickle, onion on a sesame seed bun"...

To each their own, but that right there to me is a total waste of good meat.

Comment

I find zero use for a binder. If I had a gun to my head, I'd probably go with a neutral binder, like a little olive oil. However, I'd eat that in a heartbeat. Many ways to skin a cat.

Comment

i think we all agree that seasoning/marinade is good and can make "cheap meat" taste better...so why is it so wrong to want to put seasoning/marinade on "a good cut of meat" and make it taste EVEN better?

like josh baskin, i dont get it.

Comment

Mustard is a good binder. Always rub my ribs in mustard before seasoning.Holds seasoning as a binder. May help as a tenderizer. I use mustard in my crawfish

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
              i use mustard on frying fish all the time. It has never crossed my mind to put it on a steak. finished product looks good.
              On fish it is excellent to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                Looks disgusting! I absolutely hate mustard, can’t even stand the smell of it.
                Me and you in the same boat. I can’t get past the smell.

Comment

I've used it on fish a lot . Now I've got to try it on a steak !!

Comment

The vinegar in mustard can help tenderize meat. Mustard has a thicker consistency sealing seasoning were its place and doesn't run like an oil based binder.

Comment

I use it on pork all the time (as a binder). The mustard cooks away and you can't even taste it. If thats the case for steaks and fish as well I don't get all the negative comments?

Comment

not all steaks are created equal.
                        Lowes steak vs Nolan Ryan

I'll put mustard all day everyday on a cheap steak...you have to doctor them up.

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
                          not all steaks are created equal.
                          Lowes steak vs Nolan Ryan

I'll put mustard all day everyday on a cheap steak...you have to doctor them up.
                          I haven’t tried the Ribeyes from Lowes. I’ll look for them next time. I always go straight to the lumber section.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I use it on pork all the time (as a binder). The mustard cooks away and you can't even taste it. If thats the case for steaks and fish as well I don't get all the negative comments?
                            It's a marketing ploy by French's to jump in on the grilling/bbq craze.

No, I'm not serious

Comment

Heard its great

Comment

Going to give it a try.

I’ve used a very light rub of anchovy paste on steak….pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X