Apple Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    I had the first model AirPods and hated them as they hurt my ears.

The airpod pros are noise canceling and very comfortable. Highly recommend as I use mine for everything from mowing, running, gym, calls etc…
    Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    I bought some memory foam aftermarket tips for my AirPod Pros and when mowing the grass and listening to music I pretty much can’t hear the mower.
    Great info fellas, thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is what I was wondering. Competition improves everyone.

I had never heard of using satellites with a smart phone for communication if out of cell range.
      This could be a game changer considering the possibilities of sending out gps coordinates when folks are lost. In addition to the text messages of course. RF technology is advancing by leaps and bounds .

Comment

I keep thinking the iPhone will catch up to the specs of the galaxy. Galaxy has had the 108mp camera out for years and the iPhone camera just isn't up to par and I've done multiple side by side tests. I really would consider switching back but this is one feature I don't like compromising on. Oh and can't stand the "notch" on the iPhone. I like the SOS feature they advertised for sure but I don't personally do deep woods expeditions.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          I keep thinking the iPhone will catch up to the specs of the galaxy. Galaxy has had the 108mp camera out for years and the iPhone camera just isn't up to par and I've done multiple side by side tests. I really would consider switching back but this is one feature I don't like compromising on. Oh and can't stand the "notch" on the iPhone. I like the SOS feature they advertised for sure but I don't personally do deep woods expeditions.

108MP?

I call horse hockey. Even the highest end digital SLR cameras don’t take pictures at that resolution and the sensors in them are wayyyyy better than anything you can stuff into a phone.

Not to mention even if the resolution were true, there’s no benefit to that many MP other than being able to upscale them for large format prints. They become just a memory hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            Sometimes specs are relatively meaningless. I have watched plenty of Samsung fanboy sites on YouTube and looking at raw numbers doesn’t show very much, if anything.

When tested head to head, iPhone being proprietary, outperforms Androids with “better” specs. Battery life alone is usually blown away by iPhone’s lower capacity batteries. In a head to head test I watched on a Samsung guy’s video, the S22 with a 5,000mAh battery is out performed by about 25% by the iPhone 13 Pro Max with a 4,325mAh battery. So while the S22 seems a clear winner in specs with an almost 20 larger capacity battery, i real life results don’t always match it. The much smaller iPhone battery runs about 25% longer.

While Samsung is trying valiantly to catch up, the iPhone video smokes the S22 which is the Samsung flagship model. The S22 however blows the iPhone away if you want to zoom in 30 times. The iPhone zoom at extreme ranges is lagging terribly so there is that for the Samsung.

So much for specs.

I don’t think an iPhone user will switch to a Samsung for a better (claimed) battery and I wouldn’t expect any Samsung user to switch the an iPhone because it simply gets blown away by a smaller battery.

Comparing raw specs however tells very little.

Comment

it seems Apple concentrated on outdoor activities and safety a lot this time. The Apple Watch Ultra is virtually made for outdoorsmen.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                  it seems Apple concentrated on outdoor activities and safety a lot this time. The Apple Watch Ultra is virtually made for outdoorsmen.
                  I don’t have much use for the Ultra but it certainly looks like a great tool for some people. With one of my Apple Watch portable chargers I could stay in the field for a few weeks.

Comment

$800 for a first gen outdoor watch. As with any other apple products its for the masses, and hipsters that venture out on hikes. I would wait till there's some real life reviews.

Personally for that price I'd get a Garmin Fenix 7 Solar.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      Yes. I went in there yesterday to get a new phone, and the guy told me to old on until the 14 came out because it was a decent step up from what he was hearing. The 48 mp camera in the deer blind is gonna be nice! lol I got an appointment to preorder mine tomorrow.
                      Are they still nailing down the specs? The website for iPhone 14 specs shows to only have a 12MP main camera and max storage of 512GB.

Just wondering if the guy had info not out there.?.

J

Comment

I bought some memory foam aftermarket tips for my AirPod Pros and when mowing the grass and listening to music I pretty much can’t hear the mower.

I need to look those up since the Apple tips won’t stay in my ears.

Link??

Comment

I was given a set of airpod pros and while they were nice I could not get them to stay in my ear even when not moving. I think I’ll try the Beats fit pro as it doesn’t look like apple changed the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                            I was given a set of airpod pros and while they were nice I could not get them to stay in my ear even when not moving. I think I’ll try the Beats fit pro as it doesn’t look like apple changed the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I have the same problem. I bought the "JLabs" sports earbuds. Good sound and they have this thing that goes behind your ear and helps it stay. Good for jogging and biking, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                              Are they still nailing down the specs? The website for iPhone 14 specs shows to only have a 12MP main camera and max storage of 512GB.

Just wondering if the guy had info not out there.?.

J
                              I believe just the 14 pro models will have the 48mp camera.

Comment

Everybody in my family have iPhone 13 Pro Max phones. I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra (not the S22). They're all really nice phones. My battery lasts longer than my wife's iPhone, and I stream video (YouTube elk hunts lately) while she's just scrolling social media mostly. I use way more data than she does. The iPhone's camera is really good, but my S21's camera is better with still photos. Video is better on the iPhone. Google Maps is better than Apple Maps. Where the iPhone outdoes Samsung is in the various communication capabilities. iMessage is pretty cool. Android messaging is very nice in a lot of ways too, but there are some really cool capabilities with iMessage that nobody else has yet. And it only works on iMessage on Apple products.

We have our first grandbaby on the way in December, and there will be lots of photos, live videos, and family messages flying around. I'll probably be getting an iPhone 14 soon, just for all of that communication stuff with the rest of my family. I've been an Android guy forever. Never liked Apple and all of their forced proprietary stuff. But live grandbaby videos are a draw for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X