Septic system treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Septic system treatment?

Last conventional system we had I used buttermilk in each toilet every couple of months. Seemed to work ok. What type treatment are you folks with conventional septic systems using? Thanks.

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
    Last conventional system we had I used buttermilk in each toilet every couple of months. Seemed to work ok. What type treatment are you folks with conventional septic systems using? Thanks.
    I use the Green Gobbler every month & the Leach - Drain field every 6 months. It has worked well for me. They Both can be purchased through Amazon.
    Attached Files

Comment

I just use rid x

Comment

Not much can clear your system of those little synthetic fibers that come off your clothing and mix with bio mat. Never let your washer water go into a septic tank.
        Last edited by Voodoo; 09-02-2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

We use Green Gobbler and they sell it at Home Depot too.
          Last edited by Phorizt; 09-02-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I use Rid X too Also took my washer outlet off the septic and straight out into our back flowerbed Haven't had any septic issues since and that's been close to 15 years now

Comment

"One Flush" by Pro-Lab has worked for us. Available on Amazon.

Comment

Only use Scott brand toilet paper. Whenever milk goes bad, it goes in the toilet.

Comment

We use a few cups of yeast every month or so. Another good product,

Actina Septic Tank Activator Actina increases the natural biological activity of microbes present in sewage. It contains biological activators derived from a fermentation process. This increase in the activity and numbers of organisms can help speed up the digestion of wastes, and release enzymes that break down grease and other complex wastes. Because these wastes

Comment

I use these that I buy bought from a septic company when I had my system pumped out after we bought the house.

Comment

Green pig once a month, and green pig shock treatment 6-12 months
                      It’s also on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                        Serious question. What is the significance of putting buttermilk (any product) in each toilet as compared to one toilet/directly in system?

Comment

I have an aerobic system that calls for the round chlorine tablets. It's a pain to have to lift the cover to install them every month...not to mention that they are expensive.
                          For you guys that use the liquid, powders or little biodegradable tablet treatments that you just flush or pour down the toilets once a month? Are these aerobic systems and not conventional? I just want to make sure I can use them and stop having to use the chlorine tablets.

Comment

Rid-X

Comment

Septic guy pumped mine last month and said to just use a cup of cornmeal and a cup of sugar every so often...haven't tried it though since I still had some of the green gobbler tablets.

Comment

Working...
                              X