No announcement yet.

Arrow through the Headboard - Yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one lay in a bed with all those pillows? Or did she make the bed before taking the photo?

Comment

Scary. Glad it didn't turn out worse.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yikes.

Comment

Is it me or does the arrow in the headboard look long for a compound? I mean he could be a giant.

Probably a full length arrow from a sporting goods store, 5" fletching also!

Comment

Thank God she wasnt injured. I have always played it safe, but years ago I was drawing and my release let the arrow go mid draw. I never found it. Release was malfunctioning, had to replace it. But dang sure puts the fear in you.

( it was safe, I live in the woods with hundreds of acres behind me )

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              Absolutely crazy!!

Even with a good backstop, don't shoot in town or towards a house. If you can see the house, you're too close to shoot towards it...

Burnadell, did I use too & to good enough? Or is it two??

This!

Comment

Back in college my roommate decided he wanted to start bow hunting and went out and purchased a full setup from a big box store. He decided he was going to teach his self how to shoot and set-up his target in our rental house front yard. He set-up the target and back up about 20 yards and started shooting. On one of his shots he says he forgot to use his peep site and the arrow hit the top of the target and rickashayed off and went through the neighbors window and luckily hit a stud in the wall and was sticking in their wall when they came home. He did pay for their window and wall repairs and learned a valuable lesson that day.

Comment

That is nuts . Sure got lucky .

Comment

Wow! It could have been worse and gotten her husband in the back of the head!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Wow! It could have been worse and gotten her husband in the back of the head!!!
                      Not the worst way to go

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                        I see morons all the time, with their targets between them and their neighbors house !
                        Some people have no sense, have you ever seen how far an arrow can fly ?
                        We shot a couple arrows out to 500 yds.
                        Yup, there's folks on here that do just that! Thank God I don't live in a subdivision!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Son of a…..!!
                            Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              Now I'm wondering about the correct wording before the grammer police show up.

Was she lying in bed or laying in bed?

Calling Burnadell.
                              Lying about lying down is my guess, considering how well the pillows are made up. Unless she got up after the arrow came in and then made her bed for the picture. That said, still very scary and could've ended badly.

Comment

Unfortunately I had a similar situation at my folks house about a year ago. Family is a bit strange... they have a kid around 20 or 21 years of age that lives in their shed in the backyard. He took up archery because of the medival factor... he was aiming at small objects laying around the backyard like apples, basketballs, etc. No backstop except the wood fence.

One day I go over to my parents house and they had an arrow in the kitchen. I asked where it was from and they said they found it on their back porch. I called game warden, figured out what laws were being broken and then went and talked to the kid. I explained that what he was doing wasn't necessarily illegal but when it crossed the fenceline it became illegal. I told him I was new to archery too, I enjoyed it, but that this wasn't safe and I have a kid that my parents watch and they are often in the backyard. I gave him a target block that I had in my truck by circumstance so he at least had a target that was bigger and told him he needed to pick a better direction to practice. No issues since.

I wouldn't know what to do if I came home and saw an arrow in my headboard though. That is certainly crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X