No announcement yet.

Texas rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got lucky and received just over an inch of rain yesterday afternoon. It got soaked up quick but a blessing indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      We got lucky and received just over an inch of rain yesterday afternoon. It got soaked up quick but a blessing indeed.

Great news!! Maybe the forecast can be wrong again and the rest of the state can also receive some rain 🙏

Comment

Meanwhile Kentucky is flooding. Pray for those folks today! Sad deal.

Comment

as long as la nina sits in the pacific the high pressure will blow the tops off most gulf storms. Pray it breaks.

Comment

At least N Texas is now getting some afternoon pop-up showers here and there. We got 3/8 yesterday and 60% chance this afternoon. Looked like Jacksboro area got some this morning. Certainly no drought breakers but maybe it will help some.

Edit: well our 60% chance just dropped to 30%
            Last edited by jerp; 07-30-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Lots of thunder buts it just missed us in Dallas. Maybe it will materialize later this evening. I got aroused just seeing some dark clouds and hearing thunder!

Comment

We got a good shower midday today. Fast and furious ...just a shade under 4/10s. Walked outside in the middle of it to check my new gutters without an umbrella and didn't even care I got soaked!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I would LOVE to get an inch of rain in an evening! We have gotten < 3" since Mid March. I prayed a big hallelujah the other day when we got 1/8". Most we've gotten @ one time, in a long time. Water well's grindin now tryin to keep up with waterin the garden.

Comment

Everyone is putting Stabil in their mower gas around here....

Comment

We got a pretty good rain yesterday at our place in Sheridan. Caught it on the Reolink camera. Went over today and tracked into the building as the ground was still pretty soft.

Comment

Rained in Tyler this evening for about 25 minutes or so. I'll check the gauge in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                          Ha. Yep.
                          almost mowed last week
                          Instead I waited a week and grass is brown and crisp and weeds have fallen over

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                            Ha! That’s a good way to describe a drought. I have a small stand of green turf around my two septic sprinklers - takes about 2 minutes to mow that once a week

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                              Rained in Tyler this evening for about 25 minutes or so. I'll check the gauge in the morning.
                              That rain gauge prolly dried up by this morning with all the heat.

Comment

Got a great soaking rain yesterday am. Also, had several periods of downpours. The wife and I were installing a French drain. It sure made the ground easy to dig! We were soaking wet and didn’t complain once. Glad to get it!

Comment

Working...
                                X