Perculator vs. Drip Coffee.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
    Yes I do, the little hotel ones dont cut it. I drink caffee all day/evening though
    Have you ever though that you just may have a problem? Join CA.

Comment

Syrup bucket and a pine knot fire is real coffee!! Second is a percolator.

Comment

Now if you want to turn river bottom coffee into yuppie coffee, after it is brewed, pour it into a press and after pressing it, pour and drink!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Syrup bucket and a pine knot fire is real coffee!! Second is a percolator.
          No thanks .
          My Uncle used to make it every morning in a cast iron skillet.
          Poured it straight into his cup, never bothered to filter out the grounds.
          I've drank a million cups with him that way, but not if I have a choice.

Comment

My grandmother would make it in a saucepan, pour a little cold water in it to settle the grounds, and then put it into a cup, pour some out into a saucer- and drink.

Comment

I love my Bunn

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjjX28mnrIc&t=281s"]When You Take Coffee TOO Seriously! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  What the tarnation is a French press, Starbucks girly coffee?

Who yanked your chain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t drink much coffee anymore (growing up it was dark roast Seaport from my grandmother’s drip-o-lator) but if I drank it regularly, it would probably be from a percolator or French press. The French press is just a reverse drip-o-lator.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      You had to watch a video.....that's a little concerning
                      My first thought. . My dad and I made coffee that way for years
                      Then he got an electric percolator.

Drinking hot coffee in the summer all day sounds a little over the top.
                      But I have never heard of coffee being a health issue.

Comment

I’ve been happy with drip but with me grinding the beans to my liking.

Comment

I have a percolator at home and one at the office too. Its the only way to make coffee.

All that Keurig stuff is pure junk. Terrible coffee.

Comment

My PaPaw always made unfiltered cowboy coffee. We camped overnight next to the dove field one time up by Bogata in the early 80's. Game warden stopped to check us after the hunt and when he pulled in PaPaw told him to bring his coffee cup. He poured a cup and shot the crap for a few minutes and then told us to be careful and went to leave. PaPaw asked him if he was going to check our stuff. The warden told told us no....that anyone who drank coffee you had to chew wasn't someone he wanted to get cross ways with.

Comment

We use a french press, but about to try out a pour over since we already have a water kettle.

Comment

if you want HOT coffee, the go with the perc. I use a drip at home but still prefer the perc, guess I'm too lazy to wait on it. Got a Cabelas stainless perc for camp use, is really nice in cold weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X