Tundra, F-150, GM or Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    and he doesn't have a comeback because both are likely true!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Negative.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want the newest fanciest truck, then go with a Ford. If you want a nice truck that may start ticking at 100k, go Ram. If you want a nice truck from an almost bankrupt (again) company, go GM. If you want an expensive, outdated, gas guzzling, no frills truck that just keeps running, go Tundra, at least until they slap some turbos on an otherwise wheezy V6 to appease the "I bough a truck for the mpg" crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        I guess I should mention that I am currently working near Boston, Massachusetts, where the current temperature is 7 degrees and snow on the ground. I drove my wife's 2011 GMC Acadia up here and before Christmas the "service Stabilatrak, Traction Control disabled and Engine power reduced" lights all came on at the same time. The scanner at Autozone found nothing. It did this for 3 days straight, resetting each time it was turned off. I flew home for a month at Christmas and bought a BlueDriver scan tool. I scanned it when I got back and found several codes. I cleared the codes, knowing nothing has been fixed, and have put about 200 miles on it since with everything working perfectly, no more codes. If it would throw a code so I could fix the cause of it, I'd feel a lot better. However, I'll be driving home 1900 miles soon and I don't trust it to make the trip.
        I've considered a used Tacoma or Tundra, but I'm concerned about rust and other damage from the salt they put on the roads up here. Maybe I shouldn't be with modern rustproofing the manufacturer are using. I only notice major rusting on old vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
        You're right to worry about rust up there. Dodge only make it about 5 years before wheel wells are rusted out. I lived most of my life in Wisconsin, and that was the only thing for sure in a dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
          This is the only thing that could get me out of my F150, and probably will. I've always loved Toyota's. Im going to wait and let them work the kinks out of it for a couple years, and get one more than likely.

The current Tundra has been out since 2007, how much longer is it going to take them to get the kinks out? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I've only owned Chevrolets and have been happy. My current truck is almost 22 years old and the only real issue was getting an new transmission put in during the past year. I spoke to a friend that is a mechanic, real mechanic not a shade tree, and he said all the trucks are built well these days but he would pick the Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              The current Tundra has been out since 2007, how much longer is it going to take them to get the kinks out? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike D the Tundra hater...........Come on man....He's talking about waiting on the 2022 Tundra kinks..

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  I guess I should mention that I am currently working near Boston, Massachusetts, where the current temperature is 7 degrees and snow on the ground. I drove my wife's 2011 GMC Acadia up here and before Christmas the "service Stabilatrak, Traction Control disabled and Engine power reduced" lights all came on at the same time. The scanner at Autozone found nothing. It did this for 3 days straight, resetting each time it was turned off. I flew home for a month at Christmas and bought a BlueDriver scan tool. I scanned it when I got back and found several codes. I cleared the codes, knowing nothing has been fixed, and have put about 200 miles on it since with everything working perfectly, no more codes. If it would throw a code so I could fix the cause of it, I'd feel a lot better. However, I'll be driving home 1900 miles soon and I don't trust it to make the trip.
                  I've considered a used Tacoma or Tundra, but I'm concerned about rust and other damage from the salt they put on the roads up here. Maybe I shouldn't be with modern rustproofing the manufacturer are using. I only notice major rusting on old vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                  I live in Michigan, and we average about 80" of snow a year and below 0 temps pretty regularly. I would not own a vehicle from a northern climate where salt is applied. It is only a matter of time before it starts rusting. I have bought our last 3-4 vehicles from Texas. Huge difference in underbody conditions and what things look like. Just my two cents/

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    If you want the newest fanciest truck, then go with a Ford. If you want a nice truck that may start ticking at 100k, go Ram. If you want a nice truck from an almost bankrupt (again) company, go GM. If you want an expensive, outdated, gas guzzling, no frills truck that just keeps running, go Tundra, at least until they slap some turbos on an otherwise wheezy V6 to appease the "I bough a truck for the mpg" crowd.
                    I have GM and a Toyota and you sir are correct. I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a Ford. I like my duramax but can't find one what I'm looking for 8 ft bed. Them little 6 foot beds suck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had them all... I get a new truck almost every two years.
                      Chest thumping aside - they all build pretty nice trucks these days.

Tundra mileage is just Toyota being lazy. They could do better. The new ones look pretty much like my '08. It just a dated design.

Chevy's are fine my 2500HD Diesel was just fine...

I've been through a couple of F-150 FX4's - Solid drivetrain = Ecoboost V6's will make you forget about V8's.

The winner? The Ford F-150 Raptor. I bought a 2017 Gen 2, first truck in two decades I kept long enough to put tires on.

Comment

I just bought a new GMC with the 3.0 diesel. 25mpg and pulls everything I need. Super quiet too. Love it

Comment

I have owned/still own one of these other than a Dodge.

Toyota Tacoma 4x4 - 147,000 mi. Only issue was a exhaust manifold leak at 80k
                          Toyota Tacoma 4x4 SR5 - 160,000 mi. Electronics issues everywhere
                          '99 Silverado 5.3L 2wd - 110,000 mi. No issues
                          '04 Avalanche Z66 5.3L - 146,000 mi. Alternator, starter, A/C issues
                          '07 Tahoe 5.3L - 164,000 mi. No issues
                          '09 Tahoe Z71 5.3L - 167,000 mi. A/C and electronic rear door lock issues.
                          '14 F150 EB Limited - 135,000 mi. A/C and never ending battery cable/corrosion/connection issues
                          '99 Toyota Tundra - 200,000 mi? Still own. Nothing electronic works anymore. All went out separately. Gauges, 1 power window, door locks, even the crap radio. Used to haul firewood, ATVs to hunt, and drive bad roads for skiing. Toyota struts are crap.
                          Last edited by tigerscowboy; 01-29-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                            I've had them all... I get a new truck almost every two years.
                            Chest thumping aside - they all build pretty nice trucks these days.

Tundra mileage is just Toyota being lazy. They could do better. The new ones look pretty much like my '08. It just a dated design.

Chevy's are fine my 2500HD Diesel was just fine...

I've been through a couple of F-150 FX4's - Solid drivetrain = Ecoboost V6's will make you forget about V8's.

The winner? The Ford F-150 Raptor. I bought a 2017 Gen 2, first truck in two decades I kept long enough to put tires on.

Dude you have a hog problem

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dodge has been the # the last 3 years......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post
                                Dodge has been the # the last 3 years......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                So says Dodge

Comment

Working...
                                X