No announcement yet.

2019 F250 death wobble question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just spent over $1000 having this fixed. Dang sure an oh **** moment when it happens

Comment

Had my 2017 worked on twice.....Never fixed the problem. Traded for a 2019---They promised, it has not been an issue with that model....Looks like that is a false statement.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        just spent over $1000 having this fixed. Dang sure an oh **** moment when it happens
        Especially when your loaded down. Had it happen in a 2012 dodge 2500 with a load of hay.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          X2...not a fun situation
          X3 I thought I was going to flip

Comment

I would think if it's a tire issue on a brand new truck, the dealership would put new tires on it. Go find the sales guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
              I would think if it's a tire issue on a brand new truck, the dealership would put new tires on it. Go find the sales guy.
              Its not necessarily a tire bad tires or alignment can trigger it but its not the true problem.

Comment

Id get my money back

Comment

My 19 one ton did the same thing Monday pulling a trailer. It was pretty scary.

Comment

No idea what package you have, but Ford fits all their trucks with garbage shocks. Even their FX4 package shocks that are supposedly "off road" are anything but. Replace them with something more substantial, especially if going off-road at all.

I've not had the death wobble, but my suspension and tire size is bone stock. I only upgraded my shocks after I blew out the last ones off road in the mountains.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      Will be more than a tire now, you will need to replace ball joints and anything else damaged from "death wobble". It sucks, had a 06 cummins do this.
                      Ya but the 06 cummins needs ball joints all the **** time. I know mine does. 220k miles and ball joints for sure, maybe four. I cant remember.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        No idea what package you have, but Ford fits all their trucks with garbage shocks. Even their FX4 package shocks that are supposedly "off road" are anything but. Replace them with something more substantial, especially if going off-road at all.

I've not had the death wobble, but my suspension and tire size is bone stock. I only upgraded my shocks after I blew out the last ones off road in the mountains.

Good luck.
                        Good Advice

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          I just bought my brand new Ford F-250 diesel truck 5 weeks ago. It has 4100 miles on it.
                          Holy crap thats alot of miles for five weeks.

Comment

I have an 18 with 37” tires on stock 20” wheels. I’ve never had anything like that happen.

Comment

I skipped buying a ford because of the death wobble, my 08 scared my wife so bad she never would ever ride in it again, couple months ago when looking at new trucks
                              Many dealerships swore up and down this was not a issue anymore ( now I have my doubts) hope this is just a tire issue

Comment

Toyota

Comment

Working...
                                X