Powderhorn Ranch video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powderhorn Ranch video

Parks and Wildlife TV did a segment on the Powderhorn Ranch last week. It is going to be an incredible resource once it's ready as a state park and WMA in a few years. I had the chance to visit it last September (I'm in the video for 2 seconds fly fishing near the beginning) and it was an incredible experience.
    Through the efforts of many agencies and organizations, the largest remaining undisturbed track of land on the Texas coast has been acquired for conservation...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

It will be an awesome place some day.

I hunted on Matagorda island last fall and the biologist said he hopes to start running management Hunts in the fall of 18. He said it wasn't very well managed for deer and has a lot of trash that needs to go.

Comment

Can't get video to play

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1pT9kR1BI"]The Powderhorn Legacy - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Beautiful place

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Beautiful place

X2

Comment

^^ Thanks for reposting video

Comment

Originally posted by GoBears870 View Post
                ^^ Thanks for reposting video

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  It will be an awesome place some day.

I hunted on Matagorda island last fall and the biologist said he hopes to start running management Hunts in the fall of 18. He said it wasn't very well managed for deer and has a lot of trash that needs to go.
                  He have anything to say about the exotics that are there?

Comment

There are axis and sambar deer, which are huge. As of a few months ago they didn't have a set in stone plan but were leaning towards public hunters culling them during deer hunts. It would be too expensive to round them up and sell them. The whole aim of the WMA is to return the entire ecosystem to its natural state.

Comment

That's what I was curious about.

They did a few months ago have a group of hunters out there. Not sure who, or what they were hunting though.

Comment

Carter smith is a great guy, Texas is lucky to have him

Comment

Nice place, but I would have liked to see that $14 million go to helping improve other existing parks and their infrastructure. Powder horn is a swamp most of the time...

Comment

The thing I like about it most is it will open up a section of shoreline that will enable people in plastic boats to paddle some water that boats don't run all over. Maybe it will take most of the kayaks out of the ICW. It always scares me watching a SCB running down the ICW and look out and see people paddling across.

Comment

great fishing along that shore line.

Comment

Working...
                              X