No announcement yet.

AR-10 .308 Ammo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that with the core-lokt i had to grind off the excess lead on the tip because sometimes i would have failure to feeds cause they would hang up on the feed ramps...went to hornaday match an never looked back

Comment

Awesome. I’ll give them a lookin at. Thank you much.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Palmetto State Armory.
        10-4. I’ll give them a look. I’d like to get it built and shooting.

Comment

178 eldx precision Hornady shoots best in mine. 150 will shoot just not group as well.

Comment

165gn Nosler Ballistic Tip over 45gns of Varget... lights out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine likes 165gr Federal Fusion

Comment

I have the DPMS AR-10 with the 24 inch barrel same 1 in 10 twist and it loves the Remington 150 gr core-lokt. It shoots nickel size groups at 100yds. I’m happy with that and happy that the ammo is about $19 a box.

Comment

Ive got a Sig 716 patrol 1:10 twist that was surprisingly accurate with a 168gr match bullet from SSA before they were bought by Nosler. I paid like $22 a box, wish I’d have bought more.

I hunt with Barnes ttsx in 168 that shoots well but I’m not overly impressed with the performance and definitely not impressed with the price. I don’t think the barrel is long enough to get the full performance of the copper bullet so I’m still looking for a better hunting round.

Comment

Mine loves the cheap Remington 150 grain core loc

Comment

Can’t believe there have been this many posts about .308 and nobody said federal gold medal match. My PSA AR-10 shoots the 168 gr a little better than the 175 but both shoot well.

If you can’t get a respectable group out of the federal match it’s likely the rifle. If you are shooting the factory trigger that would be the first opportunity to improve accuracy.

Comment

Also what optic/mount are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                          Can’t believe there have been this many posts about .308 and nobody said federal gold medal match. My PSA AR-10 shoots the 168 gr a little better than the 175 but both shoot well.

If you can’t get a respectable group out of the federal match it’s likely the rifle. If you are shooting the factory trigger that would be the first opportunity to improve accuracy.
                          It has a Timney Drop In trigger

Comment

Also what optic/mount are you running?
                            That’s the ATX-Sight 4K Pro with the provided rings from ATN.

Comment

How bad have groups been with the 150 grain ammo you’ve run through it?

Comment

How bad have groups been with the 150 grain ammo you’ve run through it?
                                2.5-3 inches.

Comment

Working...
                                X