No announcement yet.

My Horrifying Shop Build: Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, did you get other bids, referrals on this guy ? Was he the cheapest ? Sounds like you had a circus going on, good to hear you ended up not getting hosed in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
      Good luck collecting.. been there done that.

Exactly what I was going to comment, I’m still sitting on a judgement from 1986 that I haven’t collected....

Comment

Good for you. Nobody likes going this route, but you had to.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
          Good luck collecting.. been there done that.
          Yep to the above.... But, you can place a mechanical lien against his equipment and the sheriff will seize it. But that's more time and effort on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
            Yep to the above.... But, you can place a mechanical lien against his equipment and the sheriff will seize it. But that's more time and effort on your part.
            A UCC lien is a royal PIA , I had a contractor buy my warehouse up near Bush international, and default on the note leaving me with a warehouse full of rolls of copper roofing, Aluminum , trucks
            Ladders, a nice new metal break, huge industrial air compressors , I came in and cleaned out my warehouse sold every thing in it , then a lawyer showed up with a list of ucc creditors
            That had been cheated by the builder, I had to show the court loads of paper work and expenses, and the companies on the ucc list in the end actually owed me money for inventories, equipment rental and storage , the court double screwed them by forcing me to “ sort it out “ and by never forcing him to pay the liens”
            We even had more drama when Harris county sheriff’s department
            Had a guns out argument with Montgomery County SD when we went to serve ucc papers and load stolen heavy equipment at his house
            Some times it’s best to lick your wounds and walk away

Comment

Good for you! Even if you don't get the money owed to you, you put him on notice and your story provides encouragement to others that are in the same boat.

Years ago my parents hired a contractor to build a house. He was in kahoots with the bank officer of a large bank and they stole hundreds of thousands of dollars not only from my parents' house project but several others in the neighborhood. One had a VA loan. The bank was releasing loan funds for work that had not been done or certified. When the loan was exhausted the contractor walked until the homeowner secured more money. It is a long, long story but in the end, my parents sued the contractor and the bank. The bank didn't want this to go to public trial so they settled with my parents. then dad took the documents to the FBI. They arrested multiple people and fined the bank thousands of dollars. My parents took on the bank and the corruption and won, but in the end, financially they only came out even.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                I can provide you the name of the contractor who did our shop in Ennis 2 years ago. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I’d appreciate that info as well if you don’t mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  There are means of making it happen. I'll post back w/my results of the new battle! It won't be easy, or quick, but I will succeed. Liens can be placed on certain property/belongings and a suit can be filed against bank accounts. I have about 5 different angles to approach this so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out & what gets it accomplished.
                  If you get a judgement against them if they ever go try to borrow money they will have to satisfy the judgement with you first

Comment

Best of luck getting the money. If you have to take the hard road could the contractor be charged with violating a court order? The threat of jail time may make him find your money.

Comment

I’ll post my tricks of getting the money as soon as the contractor is notified of each process. I don’t want to show my cards until it’s time!

Comment

Update**
                        I filed a Writ of Garnishment against this contractor. What this is is filing a suit against his bank account(s) by holding his bank accountable. What they do is freeze his assets up to the amount he owes me ($5,900). I filed this last week & his bank was served. The contractor called me for the first time since November today so the point has been made. Now I just hope he has the whole amount in there. The bank has 14 days to cut me a check for however much is in his account(s) up to amount owed or show up in court & prove why they don't think I'm owed the money (that would be a waste of time on their part so now I'm just waiting for a check). This guy has posted online that he has no intentions of paying me so I had to take this measure. I'm sure it sucks to have your bank accounts frozen but he had it coming.

Comment

Slow clap sir, slow clap!

Comment

Too bad you can't take it out of his hide

Hope you get it all

Comment

Hell yea!
                              Keep us posted.

Comment

Yea I remember that train wreck! How are you gonna get your $$

Comment

Working...
                                X