Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly Instinct Broadhead

Thoughts?

I shot Grizzlies last year. No way I'd shoot them again.. first set I recieved I shot 2 hogs with them. After recovering them I found both heads destroyed, one literally have 5gr of the original 150gr remaining and the other had the top 1/2" missing.

I called and the owner was incredibly nice and sent me another set thinking the first batch was faulty and maybe over hardened.. second batch came in and one of the ferules had a crack the entire length of it..

I wanted to like them and plenty of people love them but my experience left me with zero confidence in trying them again. I'd find something that's a machined one piece head.

Comment

I'm referring to the 175 grain three blade heads by Grizzly not Allen.
      Last edited by Wudstix; 11-18-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

i have some of the original 200gr. They sharpen up nicely and once properly mounted spin perfectly. I just prefer a two blade.

I think EastTXBowman was referring to the single bevel two blade grizzlies.

Comment

My biggest hog to date is 272 lbs and taken with a 175 grain Instinct. Centered a rib on entrance. No damage and no complaints.

Comment

I'll have to spend some time digging through my pile to find these 175's. They were the original run.

Comment

I have some 175 grain Masai and Samurai, LB. Good heads. Not wide enough to suit me. I like the design. But when you lose one it hurts.

Gary
              Last edited by DRT; 11-18-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BernieH View Post
                i have some of the original 200gr. They sharpen up nicely and once properly mounted spin perfectly. I just prefer a two blade.

I think EastTXBowman was referring to the single bevel two blade grizzlies.
                You're correct. Havent tried the three blades but same material and welding process.

Comment

I wanna rock the three blades. If I can't dig them up, stick with ACE, Magnus Mag I, Journey, couple others.

Comment

I like wider 3 blades personally. So I shoot the VPA 1 1/4" diameter 3 blades. I'd switch to the old mega sized snuffers if they still made them.

Comment

I have a few 160 grain Rothaar Snuffer on my bench.

Comment

Working...
                      X