What happened with th drawing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened with th drawing today?

Still no drawing for E-Postcard Waterfowl? Anyone showing them drawn already or did something happen?

Looks like others were drawn. Still waiting to see a change on Waterfowl for Richland Creek WMA North unit.

Comment

A few of my waterfowl just say pending 2nd and the other still say application received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They delay the drawing a while to make sure they'll be able to run the hunt (flooding, roads, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
          They delay the drawing a while to make sure they'll be able to run the hunt (flooding, roads, etc.).
          This. Last year, they didn't have the drawing until many weeks after the deadline.

Comment

All of my show pending 2nd except for Alazan. We won that one (finally!).

Comment

My dad and I won Alazan Waterfowl also. Same dates as you (saw your post in the other thread). Anyone know anything about this WMA?

Comment

Last year I drew Richland Creek Waterfowl, and we didn’t get the notification until after oct 15 (2 weeks after the deadline).

Comment

Guess I didn’t remember it being delayed last year.

Comment

Earlier I said all of my waterfowl were pending 2nd except Alazan. Actually, Keechi Creek and Richland WMA north were both not drawn yet. Big lake is dry and I bet Richland is as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                      My dad and I won Alazan Waterfowl also. Same dates as you (saw your post in the other thread). Anyone know anything about this WMA?
                      Cool. I've been trying to draw waterfowl for a long time. I'm curious if anyone has info as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                        This. Last year, they didn't have the drawing until many weeks after the deadline.
                        Are you serious, we're in a drought

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Are you serious, we're in a drought

Maybe just for that reason. Based on big lake, there's not enough water to flood Richland. I may be wrong as I haven't seen it, but big lake is very dry.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                            Maybe just for that reason. Based on big lake, there's not enough water to flood Richland. I may be wrong as I haven't seen it, but big lake is very dry.

The north unit doesn’t flood from the big lake, it’s actually the opposite. The wetlands are a joint project, managed by TPWD for habitat and recreation and by Tarrant Regional Water District for water supply/treatment. Water from the Trinity is pumped into the WMA and flows through the wetland cells, then is pumped into the lake. TRWD has a certain water right to use from the Trinity, and it would take a very serious drought to affect how much they can pull from the Trinity that far up their supply system. The reason wetland cells would be dry is for maintenance by TRWD or TPWD (supplemental planting, cutting, invasives control, gate/valve repairs, etc). They should be flooded again before season unless there is a maintenance issue.

Comment

I understand that it flows down from Richland and Engling.

There is almost no water in the Big Lake Bottoms WMA and the Trinity is low. I hope it rains some in the next month.

I was worried that TPWDs contract would be subsidiary to other contracts if the draught continued.

Comment

Working...
                              X